“Outstanding food & service 10/10” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: English
Description: Austell's is an open planned restaurant with a raised level eating area for the guests to view the chefs working! We pride ourselves in innovative cuisine with an informal, relaxed service!
Brussels
“Outstanding food & service 10/10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Emma and Brett continue to provide wonderful food in a relaxed atmosphere with great service. One the best restuarants I have ever eaten in including abroad. Cant reccomend it highly enough

• Visited July 2012

Par, United Kingdom
“Davey Jones Slartibartfast and me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have just returned home from Sunday lunch at Austell’s and feel we should congratulate Brett & Emma. We have missed them for the last year and could not be happier to see them back, great team.
We dined there on Tuesday last and were delighted to have in the restaurant as well as us, Davey Jones and Slartibartfast in the guise of Bill Nighy. The food was as we have come to love first rate and of the highest quality with service to match. Today Sunday lunch 2 courses £14.95 we started with the Duck pie, yum, then onto the beef plenty of choice including Veal, Hake and a vegetarian option, We succumbed to sweets, though we had to make a choice not to do anything for the rest of the day , J had a Flaming Basil Brulee while I plumped for a Sundae. All in all excellent value for money great food at pub prices we have already booked our next meal there and look to any opportunity to go with any friends who pop down to us.

• Visited August 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Just one word-perfect!!!!We ate here just last night as we were on holiday in St Austell.The restaurant was very busy with it being a Saturday Evening,but the staff and chefs were so professional at coping with so many people!Wine was great at a good price per glass.I had the crab risotto to start followed by THE most amazing sea bass I have ever had!I was so full and could barely eat my side dish.
All in all a great atmosphere,busy and professional.The team made us feel like we were valued and welcome.I will be bragging about the food to my friends and I will no doubt find it hard to top this amazing food anywhere else!Well done Austells!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

great food and service. previous reviews have suggested food portions were small but we had no problem and came out very full (and we can eat)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent and Thanks again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Thanks Brett and Emma, lovely evening and excellent food. Next time I am in Cornwall I will make sure to pop in again! Loved your style and relaxed atmosphere!...ps thanks Brett for finding my keys and offering to cab them over to me!!

• Visited July 2012