We've been eating at the Waterwheel for over 7 years, & the restaurant has a reputation for freshly cooked high quality meals(local seafood a speciality), and the new owners are certainly carrying that on. Francesca & Mark are also working hard to spruce up & redecorate the facilities which were looking a bit tired in places.
We were so pleased with the Waterwheel that we entrusted them with our Wedding reception.
To say that nothing was too much trouble, or that the day was faultless would be an understatement.
We booked all 8 rooms which were clean, tidy and extremely comfortable.
For our reception we had the conservatory to ourselves. We had a four course meal,
which was freshly prepared, and the standard or food was exceptional. The attention to detail meant we had a worry free wonderful day.
In fact all our guests commented what a great experience the day was.
We will certainly be returning on a regular basis, and would recommend the Waterwheel
to anyone who's looking for a warm welcome, fabulous food & well appointed bedrooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterwheel is situated in a wooded valley beside a river. We offer bed and breakfast accommodation in our eight en-suite bedrooms. In the evenings guests can have a drink in the licensed bar and eat in the on-site elegant restaurant, or a 10 minute brisk walk will take them into St Austell town centre. There is a delightful terrace and garden to explore and an ancient well, Druid's chair and waterfall at the bottom of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Waterwheel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterwheel Hotel St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn St Austell, Cornwall