“A warm and welcoming stay on a stormy November weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Driftwood Spars B & B

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Agnes
The Driftwood Spars B & B
You added The Driftwood Spars B & B to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Trevaunance Cove, St Agnes TR5 0RT , England   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St Agnes
Porthleven, United Kingdom
“A warm and welcoming stay on a stormy November weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in November, and was glad of the sincerely warm welcome I received on a stormy day. My single room (12) was across the road from the Inn. It was warm and comfortable, with a good shower in the en-suite.
The breakfasts were excellent and the service was always friendly and caring, especially on my last morning, when the young lady who brought my breakfast offered to make me some scones to take home with me. I appreciated that kind gesture very much, my only regret being that I didn't get her name.
There was an excellent selection of real ales in the bar, some of which were brewed on the premises, and the bar service was friendly.
The scenery around Trevaunance Cove is, of course, wonderful, even on a cold November weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I will definitely return in the future and recommend it wholeheartedly. My only slight disappointment was that the wi-fi reception in my room was intermittent, but I was able to get perfect reception everywhere in the Inn itself. Many thanks to all the staff who made my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you want uninterrupted wi-fi in your room, choose a room within the Inn.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Driftwood Spars truly is a gem. We went in November for 3 nights. The location is gorgeous, right by the beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. The old pub is cosy and full of character. The food is excellent and great value for money. The full Cornish breakfast sets you up for a day of site seeing! The rooms are comfortable and clean.

Overall, a lovely stay and excellent value!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I stay away a lot with work and this has to be one of my favourites so far. It's a lovely bed and breakfast about 100m from the beach with views to die for.

I must admit, when I drove up, I was slightly concerned as it looks a bit shabby from the outside. However, I soon realised that it only adds to the character of the place. The room I had was great. Massive bed, very clean, modern bathroom and my view looked right out over the Atlantic. I ate in restaurant and was very pleased with the food. I had grilled hake with roasted tomatoes and potatoes which was fantastic. Very nice ambience as well despite the shockingly bad Ukulele gathering which produced some terrible music. Strangely though, it just added to my experience!

I would highly recommend this B&B. Next time I'm down in Cornwall I shall definitely be avoiding the delights of Newquay and will happily stay here. The one problem some people will find is that there is absolutely zero signal for mobile phones, although I must say, the peace and quiet is much appreciated!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a couple recently for a week. The South West Coast path runs next to the dining room end of the hotel, perfect to walk to Perranporth or a couple minutes walk down towards the cove to go the other way to St Agnes Beacon (fantastic views) and beyond. Great range of real ales from their own brewery and newer brews from Skinners and Sharps to try. Thanks to Pete the Brewer for showing us around the brewery - very knowledgable & interesting. Our room was at the back of the hotel - spacious, clean and comfortable. There is no mobile phone signal in the hotel (which is brilliant if you don't want yo be disturbed!) but there is free wifi throughout the building. Lovely cooked breakfast each morning & choice of fruit, cereal & toast too and the evening meals we had were delicious too. The staff were friendly & welcoming and I would stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights, and the location is great. There is a really good bar on the ground floor with their own microbrewery. We stayed in two different rooms while we were there. The first room was in the annex over the road, and was clean and comfortable but definitely quite small. The second night was in a much larger room, which had good sea rooms - however the standard of decor and repair in this room was substandard, with cracks around the bathroom ceiling and lots of dust and cobwebs. The sealant around the bath was coming away in places. This room could do with a complete overhaul, especially for the price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, good well kept selection of beers, food uncomplicated and well cooked. Room prices good, food prices a bit steep, even for this area. Bedroom was simple and clean. The public areas are in need of some care and attention however, starting with a good clean - surfaces and carpets are pretty sticky - followed by redecoration. This is a decent pub, but it's AA 4* rating as an inn is wildly optimistic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Didcot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a seaview room which was small but clean and tidy but basic.Can't beleive you can have exposed wires in a bathroom. The breakfast they served was a large Cornish and was hot and tasty in a restaurant that lacked atmosphere. The walls on the stairs to the bedroom were covered in mould and smelt of damp so a job for the housekeeper to rectify. The bar was well stocked with their local real ales and very tasty. It seems they encourage dogs but not always a pleasant experince when you are sitting having a meal in the bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Driftwood Spars B & B? Share your experiences!