“Lovely short stay in Cornwall!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheviock Barton

Sheviock Barton
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheviock
Sheviock Barton
You added Sheviock Barton to your Saves list
Sheviock PL11 3EH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Sheviock B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely short stay in Cornwall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed here with my partner in June while we attended a wedding nearby. I don't think the pictures on the website do it justice--the setting was georgeous--lovely green rolling hills everywhere and the B and B itself was exactly what I would love! It was cosy and welcoming in a lovely old farmhouse while still modern at the same time. So often I find B & Bs feel like your grandmother's living room in the 50s--all net curtains and hideous sofas.

The rooms were really nice sized with a HUGE bathroom and a nice tub. The kitchen was fantastic--very cosy. The owner was really helpful too--I only wish we'd asked her advice on transport and where to eat!

We'd definitely go back and strongly recommend!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Sheviock is a charming little B+B with wonderful hosts. My partner and I were made to feel totally at home by the hosts son and friend who did a wonderful job of looking after the place whilst she was away.
We were given plenty of information on what to do in the viscinity. We particularly enjoyed a trip out to Fowey. In the immediate area there are plenty of beautiful walks and beaches. However, we took our bikes out on the local roads and whereas my partner is an excellent rider, I nearly cried due to the neverending steep hills!
Breakfast was a very relaxed affair with our young host/chef proving his worth and living up to his word of being able to make a stonking breakfast.
The local pub was decent, serving good ales and food. The Friday night entertainment, a local band, really added to our stay.
We also visited the local hotel, (Whitsand Bay) and whilst the food that we had there was beautiful and the staff quite friendly, the atmosphere was lacking. It felt uptight and quiet, people tended to eat in silence...
I'd happily recommend SB for the warmth of the hosts, the comfort of the rooms and the fabulous breakfasts!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheviock Barton? Share your experiences!