“Excellent Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

01208 862 737
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Outlaw's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Rock
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Overlooking the Camel estuary, Outlaw’s at the St. Enodoc Hotel is the perfect place for a memorable meal, showcasing modern British Seafood cookery and locally sourced meat. In fine weather diners are able to enjoy their meal whilst taking in the fantastic view from the terrace.
Staffordshire
“Excellent Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our visit to the restaurant was a relatively last minute decision and we were delighted that we could get a table and that for lunch they accepted children.
All of the staff were extremely friendly.
Food and wine was superb and service was very good.
Restaurant setting is lovely with great views over the camel estuary.
A very enjoyable visit, would recommend to anyone.
We also caught sight of Nathan Outlaw himself which was a very nice surprise...

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Worth the pennies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I were suitably impressed by the standard of food and service. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner although the atmosphere was a little sated, perhaps because it is 'low season'? We will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tenbury
“Nice but lacking atmosphere and expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We arrived a little early for our lunch and sat at the bar, we were given a drinks menu and left to wait whilst the bartender made cocktails etc for people already seated in the restaurant. Once seated the starters arrived and were lovely but the wait between starters and main course was a long time, we had finished our drinks but the staff didn't notice or ask if we would like more and the restaurant wasn't even half full. Again the main course was lovely but I would agree with another contributor that the vegetable choice was generic and could be more imaginative as well as being included in the cost of the meal. Throughout the meal we just felt that the restaurant lacked any "buzz" for want of a better word and the staff weren't particularly attentive. Obviously this is not the 2 star Michelin restaurant but Nathan Outlaw puts his name and price tag against this, £130 for two of us, I would hope for more.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcestershire
“Lovely Luncheon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were really pleased to be able to book a late lunch on bank holiday Monday this year (2012) particularly as we called to reserve so late.

As we were dining for lunch, I thought that the menu style worked well - I prefer being able to choose what I want, rather than being told what to eat (and I noticed that the staff were very well briefed and gave advice to all diners who asked what they would suggest went well together).

The service was good, although I would have probably preferred one waiter / waitress for the meal as it makes me feel like I'm getting a more personal service. That said, everyone was efficient and friendly which is the most important thing.

Best bits:
- Nathan kindly signing a menu which was sent on to our address
- excellent fish, cooked well and suitably served
- delicate broccoli and chili side dish
- the atmosphere is light, airy and felt suitably grown up for lunch for two

Quirks:
- there were a mix of diners from the smartest to the casual which confused me a little (jeans?)
- the restaurant is understandably designed around the view over the bay (sadly we saw mist!)

Cranks:
- nothing specific, just a personal preference for a slightly more formal dress code (although lunchtimes are obviously far more relaxed than the evening restaurant).

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Mundane and odd”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

As its October it was off season, yet still was told itd be a 30 minute wait though clearly the restaurant was only half full. I deicded to eat at the bar which had four seats, though it had room for at least seven. I was instructed by the hostess that I could not order an entree at the bar and was given the room service menu and the main menu of which I could only choose appetizers or desserts. Bemused and perplexed, I went about ordering a drink from the entirely overwhelmed bartender. The manager/host/server walked by often offering a tranced smile, but little else. Others at the bar sat entirely too long without service while the bartender made cappucino after cappucino for other guests seated in the restaurant. The wine list was unimaginative yet reasonably priced. I started with the soup, which was seasoned well, but topped with an ever so bland peice of fish. The scallops were tasteless and tiny. (I had purchased ones twice the size and full of flavor from the seafood shop in rock the day before). The squid again was boring, unseasoned and bland. The bread was fresh, but the butter was old. The service, or lack of, was the main irritance, no suggestions or feedback from the robotic bartender. The atmosphere was dull and overbright with unpainted walls in the bar, chairs from a sinking italian cruiseship and a general lack of enthusiasm and friendliness from the staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere