“Beautiful location, excelent food and lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

01720 - 423881
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
“Beautiful location, excelent food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Having never really written reviews online before I would normally have chalked our stay in St Marys down to a lovely memory but nothing that mega to write about. However after such a lovely Sunday dinner at The Boat Shed I feel I should really write something. My partner and I arrived a few mins early but were seated straight away. We were given an amazing table for two directly in front of two huge glass doors, locked so no annoying people passing by, with an unobstructed view of the sea and the beginnings of what was to become a stunning sunset. A large table had been seated just before us so there was a short wait to order but this just gave us more time to enjoy the view. The menu was excellent, the crab pate was the best I've ever tasted and the sticky toffee pud made me want it to never end! My partner is Spanish and so was surprised to see a strongly Spanish influenced menu on offer. All dishes were tasty with portions being generous. We asked if we could sit on the outside decking and have our dessert to watch the sunset and enjoy the cool wind and were immediately accommodated. As the sun dipped below the distant islands we both decided this had to be the highlight of our holiday.

Now, I am aware that this sounds like a huge advert of this place but I can not stress enough how lovely the experience was. The only negative of the whole eve was a very spoilt 5 year old 'daddies princess' acting up at the table besides ours which is no fault of the restaurants, of anything it showed how willing the staff were to accommodate all. I'm also aware that there have been some less than gushing reviews of this place in the past. All I can say is we had a lovely meal, were made to feel extremely welcome by both the manageress and her staff and will make sure we visit every time we are on St Mary's. A wonderful find on a beautiful island.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hereford, United Kingdom
“We had a totally different experience - we loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Well, something must have changed from the previous review to our experience in June 2010............see our review on TA under The Boat House Bistro and Restaurant heading...we had avery pleasant Friday evening there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere