“Dramatic Views, Dramatic Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Seiners Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perranporth
The Seiners Arms
You added The Seiners Arms to your Saves list
The Beachfront, Perranporth TR6 0DP, England   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Perranporth B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Dramatic Views, Dramatic Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Remember how at school you either loved or hated Geography Class? My recent trip to Seiners in Perranporth brought this analogy to mind. Geographically, you'll not beat this setting. Overlooking the sweeping bay of Perran Sands, if you are lucky enough to have a sea view room, it will appear almost as if you are floating on water when the tide is in, as your eyes are drawn over the sweeping sand dunes and across Cornwall's legendarily unique coastline. All of this, and the place is only a two minute walk from the town centre. So that's the bit which makes you think I'm on a bank-hander from the hotel owner out of the way - back to the "hate" part of my analogy.
Geographically, the hotel is best suited if you happen to live in the town, don't bring a car, have a healthy appetite for drinking/late night entertainment and don't really approve of decadent lie-ins or much kip when you're on your hollies. The layout of the accommodation is spread across something a bit Stalinist looking, probably pre-war, a 1950s extension and a later 1970s wing glued on for good measure. We had the pleasure of residing in the 1950s quarters, which were specially located above the bar and live entertainment area to ensure some fairly decent annoyance and sleep deprivation until well gone midnight. If it's sound insulation you are looking for, you will be sorely disappointed. Especially as the hotel seems to be a matey drinking den for the majority of Perran 20-somethings. I will leave you to imagine our sheer delight when the morning shift staff turned on the music system and lit up some fags beneath our bedroom window not long after 7am.
The site is limited by the constraints of a beach, the Atlantic, and a cliff road. There is little that the pesky old matter of geography (remember my theme here, folks) can do to remedy the fact that anyone parking beside you in the "ample free parking" will need a tin-opener to vacate their vehicle.
The route to the accommodation is of the usual musty, faded, post 1970s package holiday boom that you experience in many of these places, with the room itself displaying a few touches to indicate that perhaps one episode of some interior design show has been watched by the proprietor - perhaps after a few beers. I won't labour on this point as I see a fellow reviewer has kindly done this for me (the comment they make about the Website bearing no resemblance to reality, so true).
Suffice to say that we left without bothering to sample breakfast, pausing only to wonder if Celebrity Chef John Torrode (set to host an evening of culinary delight at the hotel in November, according to some banners in the car park) has ever actually seen the joint. Or indeed if it is actually he.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I've stayed at Seiners Hotel a few times now, and have seen it develop over the past couple of years into a great and charming hotel.

The location couldn't be better, the onsite surf school is excellent, and the restaurant is not only delicious, but buzzing and vibrant.

Lisa and Dan run the show, and are excellent hosts.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I recently stayed at Seiners Arms Hotel in Perranporth with my partner for a long weekend and i was absolutely blown away with the high standards of food, drinks and service we received.

When we arrived we were greated by the General Manager Lisa whom went out of her way to ensure that we were comfortable from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, which really added a nice personal touch that you do not often find anymore.

The food was simply delicious in both the Bar and the Rocks restaurant with something to suit everybodies taste buds - the wine list was pretty nice too, although i think we had a little too much!!

The staff were great througout our stay and have clearly been trained to a very high standard poviding an excellent level of personalised and tailored service.

We have already planned our next visit, but this time we'll be taking the children!!

Ii can highly recommend Seiners as a great place for all!!

Aaron Guidice - Restaurant Owner - London

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I got married at Seiners in September 2010. We chose Seiners over a long list of other venues and it was probably the best decision we've ever made. The week before our wedding, we stayed in the apartment at the hotel with my bestman, his wife and some close friends. It was fantastic, the view from the windows were fabulous and the apartment was tremendous.

The hotel staff were outstanding, they looked after us so well, nothing was to much trouble. Prior to and on the day of our wedding every single member of staff chipped in to help make the day run smoothly. I have nothing but praise for the staff here, the owner should be proud of having such a dedicated work force. I must also compliment the Chef, the food was incredible, so many of our guest's remarked on how good it was.

Back to the hotel, it has a fantastic location, overlooking the beach at Perranporth. The bar/lounge area's are well decorated and very comfortable, again the bar food is fantastic. If you want a romantic meal or just to have a special evening, try the Rock restaurant attached to the hotel, its fab. I know people have criticized the room's, although we stayed in the apartment this time round, we have previously stayed in the hotel rooms. They are a little out dated but are currently being refurbished, so you shouldn't be put off by this. They are still very good value and have fantastic sea views.

If you are thinking of getting married and want a location near the sea I would have no hesitation but to recommend Seiners. The location and staff are incredible. A big thank you to all the staff at Seiner, especially Holly & Lisa, for making our day so very special and a day we will always remember.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Braunton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stay out on business 4 nights a week and have stayed in some expensive fancy hotels but whenever I visit Cornwall this is the hotel for me. The Seiners is fantastic value and the food is great with friendly approachable staff who cannot do enough for you. I defy anyone to have a better view from a hotel bedroom window.as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

stayed here for the weekend. What a superb place. The staff, rooms location absolutly brilliant. The choice for breakfast was amazing if there's nothing you fancy on the menu you must be hard to please..Staff really friendly counldn't do enough for you always happy, polite and very friendly. The cleanliness of the whole property was imaculate, our room was very comfortable and cosy. We will definatly be returning. Absolutly brilliant.

Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Just returned from the wedding of my best friends after performing the duties of 'Bestman'. We stayed the week prior to the wedding in the hotels 3 bed apartment. The loction was great and the apartment had everything you needed. Ok it was a little bit on the dated side but what more can you ask for, when you wake up the the view of the beach every morning.
The staff at the hotel were fantastic, the just couldn't have done anymore for the whole week and the wedding day. Nothing was to much trouble. They helped make the day run so smoothly.
I read some of the previous reviews people had written about the rooms being dated, yes I would agree but the hotel is in the process of updating the rooms and what more do people want for the money?? £80 B&B for that view and location is a bargain. We will definatly return, thanks again to all the staff for there help and assistance....
I must also add that the food was great both on the wedding day and from the bar menu!!!

• Stayed September 2010

Been to The Seiners Arms? Share your experiences!