“Upgraded pub offering good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
somerset
“Upgraded pub offering good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Have visited in previous years (25) infrequently as not very good and was waiting for someone to do something with the place. Well they have. Good food and beer at reasonable prices. booking is a must. Well worth a visit if eating out (also see review re Hawkins Arms)

Visited September 2013

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate at the new inn a few times whilst on holiday. Service was always fantastic and the food was brilliant. One of the nights we came in we had gotten engaged, service was flawless, meal beautiful. highly recommend the venison yummy.
We also came in as a family 6 adults and 3 children. They accomndated us by opening service earlier to help with the children and gave us complimentary bread and dip and olives which was very pleasant.
Highly recommend this, decor is outstanding, there is also a childrens play area in the garden which is bespoke and the children love it. Felt safe letting them have a run around due to the flooring that has been put down. it is so spongey I wiould imagine that if any children fell they would bounce back up again.
If you are down that way it is a must. we will return next time we visit Cornwall.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Amazing food Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

WOW!!
I don't usually write reviews but felt I had to after visiting this place, Iain the General Manager was one of the friendliest managers I've ever met, you get welcomed and sat down when you come through he door and there's even table service!!
The service was quick and the food came out looking stunning, I opted for a medium rare sirloin steak, it came out pretty quick and was cooked to perfection, the chips were home made (which makes a nice change) the onion rings crispy and generally one of the best meals I've ever ate.

The place looks stunning, all new tables and chairs, climbing apparatus outside for the little ones and the bar top is... I'd describe it like marmite, your going to love it or hate it! I loved it.

I did a bit of fishing and it turns out that a Holiday Park (Oyster Bay) down the road has bought it and re-furbished it to a five star pub/restaurant, I visited this park and that that also is five star!

Well done to everyone, I cant wait to come back next year.

St Austell
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I ate at The New Inn on bank holiday Saturday when it had just re opened! WOW is all I can say the food was delicious with lots of choice and the staff are extremely friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
Great to have a gem like this on our doorstep we are very lucky I will be spreading the word. I'm really looking forward to eating there again shortly.

Thank you.

cornwall
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

New owners promised a lot. Seems the same menu as before but £3 or £4 more expensive. Very little for veggies.

Visited May 2013
Iain M, General Manager at The New Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Matjam57,

thank you for your feedback, we took the decision to close the pub and fully refurbish inside and out. We plan to re-open on the August bank holiday weekend and would be delighted to meet you and show you the changes we have made.

kind regards