“Fun was had by all!” 5 of 5 stars

Manchester
4 attraction reviews
“Fun was had by all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My daughter and her partner wanted to try surfing and this is the school we chose. They had a fabulous day, morning was filled with lessons and then they hired the equipment for the afternoon and surfed for the remainder of the day. They both loved the experience and both managed to stand ( albeit for a short distance). The school is well run and it was a very positive experience for them, so much so that they are hoping to return to Cornwall for a surfing break when finances allow.

Visited September 2012

Caterham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic surfing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were a mixed group of children and adults but Julian pitched the session just right - ensuring that everyone got the right amount of support and help that we wanted/needed. Julian made the session fun for everyone with just the right amount of safety stuff. I would definitely recommend this surfing experience to everyone and I felt that we got really good value for money.

“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I had a brilliant time with TTRide in Perranporth. They have a great location and all the staff are really friendly and helpful. As a complete beginner all the instructors were really patient and made the lessons a lot of fun.

I have already told all my friends to get down there as it's a great value trip, especially if you're looking to escape the city. I will be booking a return trip next summer.

Bury, UK
“Seriously impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just done a 5-lesson course with Ticket to Ride. I picked them because of the great reviews, and they absolutely lived up to them. I'd never surfed in my life, and by the end of the first lesson I was able to stand up and surf a fair distance. By the end of the course, I could stand up on nearly every wave I went for. The coaching is fantastic. The instructors have to spend time with you on the beach to show you techniques etc. (which is really necessary), but they try and keep it to a minimum and look to maximise the time you spend in the water. They are in the sea with you at all times, constantly giving you tips that really help you to make quick progress. The group size is limited so you get lots of time with the instructors.

There were a lot of young kids in the classes, and the instructors were great with them, carrying their boards down to the sea etc. and making sure they were having fun and learning. I'm looking to bring my kids next year (5 and 8) as they would love it.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ticket to Ride to anyone of any age (I am mid forties) who is looking to learn to surf. This is a really professional outfit with good equipment etc

Big thanks to Julian, Alex, Taffy, Andy etc.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My two sons aged 11 and 13 went this week having never been anywhere near a surf board.the guys working here are full of enthusiasm and get everybody highly motivated, now they have the bug ,and are wanting to continue for rest of week.