“Pro-surfer here I come...” 5 of 5 stars

The Beachfront, Perranporth TR6 0DP, England
+44 (0)1872 888 480
Website
Improve this listing
“Pro-surfer here I come...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thanks to Julian for teaching me and my boyfriend surfing over the last few days. He made us believe that with a bit of practice we can become good surfers, which is something I didn't think possible. It was definitely worth doing it over 2 days for the extra lessons and practice.

He gave different advice to both of us to cater to our needs. I'm not a strong swimmer but felt confident in the water with Julian near by on the occasional wipe out. He also helped me to catch some of the bigger waves and perfect my jump up on the board.

My boyfriend is a strong swimmer but at 6ft2 he struggled with his balance to start with. Julian didn't give up on him though and he was soon catching some big waves and standing up.

Now I have learnt the basics I can definitely see surfing as a future hobby and look forward going back to ticket2ride for a bit longer to eventully master surfing the unbroken waves.

As for doing it in October, the sea was surprisingly warm and I stayed in it for over 2 hours without feeling cold. The waves were also pretty high (without being too scary) which added to the speed of the ride and the adrenalin rush.

I definitely recommend ticket2ride for all shapes, sizes and abilities.

The seiners restaurant is well worth a visit after you have worked up an appetite with a good discount for student surfers.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Very professional but chilled out surf experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had a 2 and half hour morning surf lession with Andy who was very encouraging and responsible and informative. The group was small which meant we had lots of attention from the coach. The lesson was far more suited to my needs compared to lessons I have had in the past in the North East, meaning I was up on my feet withind 20 minutes of entering the water. andy's approach to coaching and relaxed but attentive demeanour meant my surfing skills have come along leaps and bounds! Thanks Andy (coach) and Julian (who runs the surf school)

Edinburgh
“Fantastic customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friends and I visited the Surf School this weekend for a morning lesson and afternoon of board hire. Due to dodgy instructions from a Sat Nav we were too late for the lesson in the morning. The guys at the school were incredibly accommodating - Julian kindly rearranged our sessions at his own expense so that we still got both lesson and board hire. The lesson given by Dan in the afternoon was great and set us up well for the session we had on our own the next day. Would definitely recommend. Thanks for a brilliant time!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Surfer Dude and Dudette!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

As a surprise for my Husbands 40th Birthday, and our second wedding anniversay, I decided to book a holiday in Cornwall, complete with a surfing lesson! The experience was only meant for him, until I arrived. Once I had spoken to Julian, and seen some of the guys on the beach, I knew I had to give it a go. So, as a person who is afraid of water and can't swim, into my wetsuit I got, husband beside me, and off we went to the watersedge with board and instructor. It was awesome! I haven't had that much fun in ages. Of course Husband got to nearly standing, me, shallow end and belly flops but hey, it was brilliant. As for Julian our Instructor, excellent. Patient and understanding to say the least. So guys if you are unsure, don't be, go for it!!

Dublin, Ireland
“A must in perranporth !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Ticket to ride is a family run surf centre. They were a pleasure to deal with from booking to the lessons. They did a great deal for our group of 8and gave us extra time on our lesson.
They also offered us free use of the boards and suits for the evening after the lesson. We were too tired after the lesson and they had no problem with us coming back the next morning.
Fun, accommodating and great value!