“Easily the best week of my life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pura Vida House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Veintisiete de Abril
Pura Vida House
You added Pura Vida House to your Saves list
Paso Hondo, Veintisiete de Abril 00000, Costa Rica   |
Kensington, Maryland
“Easily the best week of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Jorge is one of my favorite people on Earth. He plans an incredible week and is just an incredible guy. Relaxing, adventurous, and just plain amazing. The Pura Vida House was welcoming and comfortable too. Can't wait to go back next year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

By far, this has been the best tennis trip of my life. I found Jorge and his Sports for Nature company online when I was thinking of going to Costa Rica, and right there, he made it seem like I was their only client. I actually never felt like a client but more like a friend. Online registration process was easy and a month before we arrived to Costa Rica, Jorge had already developed an itinerary based on the groups’ interests. Our group was only 5 players, so we received very personalized attention through the entire trip.

We spent 7 days/6 nights in Costa Rica. Every day we would wake up to a wonderful breakfast, then play tennis. Drills were really fun and we covered all strokes, plus plenty of live games to practice real match situations. After tennis we would go to the beach for a while, come back to the house for a tasty lunch, take a nap, and then go out to some fun eco activity. We went horseback riding, went on the zip lines, hiked, snorkeled, and fished. All activities were extremely fun, well organized, and Jorge was with us the entire time making sure everyone was having a blast. Private transportation was provided throughout the trip, arranged by Jorge and Sports for Nature.

Even though I did not know the other participants before the trip, we all got along great and we were all similar tennis levels, which helped the drills be fun.

Accommodations at Pura Vida House were great. I had a private room and full bathroom; it was clean and very spacious. The house has wireless internet, a great cable package of channels in English, and we could make or receive unlimited free calls to and from the US, definitely a big plus! The house is surrounded by lots of biodiversity, you’ll see monkeys, iguanas, and colorful birds right from the terrace!

By the end of the trip, I felt like Jorge and his wonderful family were close friends of mine. They went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time, and we had everything we needed. This was priceless, versus the big resort impersonal experiences I’ve had before.

All around an awesome trip; would recommend without hesitation to anyone looking for a relaxing and well-planned vacation, and looking to improve their tennis game in a paradise-like setting.

Jorge M, Owner at Pura Vida House, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Millie, so happy to hear you had a blast, we did too. You are such a positive and fun person, you made the week seem short. We wish we would have had another week at least to hang out more and take you and the group to see other exciting places in Costa Rica. You will be missed and we all hope to see you back in the States very soon! Pura vida my friend! Warm regards, Jorge Morera.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Took my husband to Costa Rica for the first time to celebrate his 40th. We stayed at The Westin Playa Conchal and organized our adventures with Sports for Nature. Everthing was perfect! We started off with an incredible Costa Rican Day which gave us a taste of living in a town in Guanacaste. We went horseback riding, drank from coconuts, ate lunch and dinner in someone's home, hiked a mountain, and did some pottery. Another adventure day was Arenal which was filled with walks in the rainforest, zip lining through the trees and relaxing for hours in the hot springs. We surfed at Tamarindo beach with a top notch instructor and both my husband and I were able to get up!! Jorge Morera and his team at Sports for Nature are truly amazing. He is a talented tennis professional with tremendous skill for all level players. He has a gift to be able to help organize your trip and provide a fantastic and challenging tennis experience. The Westin Playa Conchal is a beautiful resort which is large enough to be a village. It has many restaurants, a spa, golf course, beautiful pool and access to the beach. The sports bar was a lot of fun at night! Also, if you practice yoga there is a great studio right down the road from the Westin with great teachers! Overall, this was an incredible experience thanks to Sports for Nature. Thank you!!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had a great vacation put together by the staff of Sports for Nature, I would repeat it anytime. We stayed at The Westin Playa Conchal, the resort was beautiful, the golf course was challenging and several holes had ocean view. The best part was the fun tennis lessons, we covered every stroke and played practice sets, tennis drills were very interactive. Each player spent as much time as they wanted on-court daily. For me 2 hours a day was just about right. The resort had great food, and we really liked being able to eat any time and whatever we wanted. The lagoon pool was very fancy, and the swim-up bar was a great bonus. The golf cart transportation helped a lot since some of the walks were long. I recommend this vacation to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation in beautiful Costa Rica, you'll be pampered!

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My sister and I spent a week in Guanacaste / Tamarindo during Semana Santa (Holy week), 4 days at the Pura Vida house and 3 days with our mom at the Westin Resort in Conchal Beach. We travel a lot during the year and this has been, by far, the best vacation we have ever had. From the moment we arrived everyone at the Pura Vida house was extremely welcoming, super friendly and catered to our every whim. The entire trip was filled from day one with incredibly fun activities such as: tennis, hiking, running, horseback riding, canopy / zip lining tours at Arenal Volcano, surfing, beach tennis and so much more!! The accommodations are wonderful (comfortable, spacious, plenty of room for a large group or just a couple) and the food is heavenly!
I would highly recommend this destination for families with kids or teens, couples, friends, athletes looking to take a vacation but still stay healthy and fit, people traveling solo, etc.
Thank you Jorge and everyone at Sports for Nature for making this trip possible and for making it the best one ever! This is a destination we are definitely going to continue traveling to for many years to come.

Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I went to Guanacaste to look at Costa Rican real estate to possibly buy. Jorge picked my family and I up (we arrived on different flights within about an hour), and before we knew it we were on our way to play some tennis at one of the resorts. That evening, on the way to Pura Vida house, we stopped at local restaurant for dinner. Simple. Good. Fresh. Every morning, we awoke to howler monkeys, freshly squeezed OJ, a nice home cooked breakfast, a hike, tennis, the beach, or something else fun. Jorge arranged about 5 days to meet realtors and look at properties. He drove and provided gasoline for the car. It was a first rate trip. A little more about the house is below:

We stayed at Pura Vida house. It's a great place to get comfortable and relax. It's offset from the crazy tourism of Tamirindo, but really easily accessible. There is plenty of shade, the porch is delightful, the views of the hills all around the house are beautiful, and the owners are very warm. The housekeeper came just about every day. She'll do your laundry if you like, and she makes a delicious breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice daily. I totally recommend staying at Pura Vida.

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I spent four days with some friends in the vicinity of Tamarindo beach, where the hosts from Sports for Nature Trips catered to our every whim: sandy beaches with unbelievable waves, horseback riding, tennis, barbecue under the stars, local cuisine, you name it... Whatever yo feel like doing, they have a way of making it happen. The accommodations were excellent, the scenery breathtaking, and the people in Costa Rica are among the friendliest I've encountered.
Highly recommended!

Been to Pura Vida House? Share your experiences!