“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Nice British food in Par with a good community feel in the bar section. The service from the waitress was spot on and the food was good value for money. Highly recommended for simple choice of evening meal.

Visited March 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Quite simply a top draw meal. Two huge meals with a drink each on NYE was £40, not set our choices and the portions were massive and of a very high quality. I would suggest calling in advance to book a seat as they can only take about 25, but worth teh effort!

Visited December 2013
Fowey
“I think I've just had one of my worst ever meals”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is a pub restaurant. A Friday night and the pub side was busy. However, the food side was almost completely empty. Yet we were seated in a darkly lit corner, which was so cold and draughty, I ate my food with my coat and scarf on. If we had not been invited by friends, I would have put my coat on and just walked out!

I asked for some candles for the table, just to make it a tad cheerier.

The food was dull, dull, dull. Bisto gravy smothered pork, beef and turkey. My pudding was chocolate parfait, followed by 'petit fours', which was a repeat of the former, exactly, except that the the parfait had been rolled, roughly into balls - with repeated shortbread holly leaves we'd just eaten.

I couldn't wait to leave and go home to be warm, and forget the entire experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Screaming kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife & I was visiting family with our 4 month old son. We were fortunate enough for our sons nan to offer to babysit so we could go for a drink the two of us. We chose the Royal inn as within walking distance. We turned up with a child stood outside the door while the accompanying adult was smoking. Inside was a very very "local" pub. There was a man at the bar with a young husky type dog. Friendly enough & nothing against dogs in pubs. However the 4 screaming kids was atrocious. I'm not sure but had a feeling at least two of which were the tenants children. Lots of running around with pool cues (when not constantly dropping them). A very young boy crying for his dad (& being ignored) whilst rocking on a high stool at the bar. Kids running behind the bar...
I felt for the barman who did his job well but you could see the exasperation of having to deal with loud uncontrolled children running around. I think it's safe to say we shall not be popping in again. We finished our drinks & got out of there as quick as we we could. A shame as had some good nights here & even stayed in the rooms in the past. A massive decline. We may have just caught an off eve but enough to put us off.

“Great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Popped in on a Sunday evening for a bite to eat and food was great. Very big portions and fresh side salads went down a treat, will be back very soon :)