“Great Day Out” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 9 Attractions in Par
Type: Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Trek through the world's largest indoor rainforest, take in the sights and smells of our Mediterranean Biome, and explore our huge outdoor gardens. At the Eden Project you'll discover the fascinating relationships between plants and people. You'll also find a full calendar of family events throughout the year and music festivals in the summer. As an educational charity we run transformational social and environmental projects locally and internationally.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Kent
21 attraction reviews
“Great Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had wanted to visit this attraction for some time and was not disappointed from start to finnish I had a really good day.The parking is excellent and well controlled and once inside the Bio Domes you really believe you are in the forest.The plants and wildlife are well presented and the views from the roof are spectacular.If you are in the area this is a must visit type of place.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
22 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I come from Singapore so naturally compared this to Gardens by the Bay back home. If anyone is familiar with both, Eden was better for me. It is expensive, yes, although you do get a £4 discount if you take public transport, which with careful planning is entirely doable. (Bus 101 departures seem to sync with train arrivals at St Austell, though as our train arrived late, the bus had already gone.) But there is a real sense that nature is important and should be preserved. The biomes are the highlight, of course, and are a nice, educational walk. I imagine children will enjoy the Outdoor Biome with games and stuff. The cafes all look good. Also, try the clotted cream ice cream!

Visited April 2013
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Over Priced and too commercial”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited the Centre over the Easter break and over all I was disappointed.
Firstly it is very expensive. However ifyou are local enough to go more than once in 12 months then you are on a winner.
Secondly I was really annoyed by the behaviour of the member of staff with dealt with us on entry. After spending £70 on entry he basically put a £5 guide book in my kids hands which of course they assumed they getting. He then went on to tell me how I needed the grow up guide book as it was a very big sight and I would need to map as it could be confusing. What utter nonsense it really isn't that big. Having got past the till there a free maps anyway and they are all round the sight.
Thirdly I was disappointed how out of date some of the information was. I would hardly call myself a member of the green party but even I recognised some of the data as being out of date.
Fourthly it seems to be one enormous cafe. At every turn there is a shop of sorts.
Sorry to rant but the above soured what was otherwise a nice day out.
I would say as well apart from the pushy sales guy at the start the rest of the staff were excellent and couldn't be more helpful.

Visited March 2013
TomT659, Digital Content Manager at Eden Project, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for leaving your comments; we would like to address them in order.
1. Our admission prices are based on other attractions and we keep checking to ensure we remain competitive. A range of discounts are available if you book in advance on our website, or use public transport to get to the Eden Project.
2. We are sorry to hear your account of this and will raise it with the Ticketing Supervisors.
3. We try to keep our signage as up to date as possible but unfortunately, in a fast-moving world, some details such as statistics need updating sooner than our programme for replacing signage allows. Please tell us which signage you thought needed updating by emailing us at webmail@edenproject.com. Thanks.
Cairns, Australia
14 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We arrived at opening time and departed at closing time and could not believe we had spent so many hours absorbed and fascinated by all the displays. Food was yummy. Gardens, sculptures, Lorax activites, mazes, seed sculpture, food, shopping, the commitment and plain hard work that has gone into this project are all so impressive. Inspiring for all ages. Booked online & was happy with price.
Truly recommend this attraction 10/10.

Visited July 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Not for young children”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Family day trip whilst on Holiday in Cornwall, i had been to Eden years ago when it was new and was expecting big things but it was quite a let down, it's very very over priced, even for a bottle of water, i'm glad they now have a bus that takes you back to car because we were in top car park, my Daughter has Asthma and found the humid dome ( Rain Forest one if memory serves me right ) very very hard work, so it's not good for those with medical conditions, they do have a cool room but it was packed with people and we couldn't get in there to give my Daughter a rest :( It is interesting but was not impressed by the prices.

Visited August 2012