“Interesting but pricey!” 3 of 5 stars

01726 811911
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 8 attractions in Par
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Theaters, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Gardens, Other
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Ice skating, Biking, Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Trek through the world's largest indoor rainforest, take in the sights and smells of our Mediterranean Biome, and explore our huge outdoor gardens. At the Eden Project you'll discover the fascinating relationships between plants and people. You'll also find a full calendar of family events throughout the year and music festivals in the summer. As an educational charity we run transformational social and environmental projects locally and internationally.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
north east england
11 attraction reviews
“Interesting but pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

You need about 3 hours to get round it all.The two Biodomes are atmospheric.I thought the information was a little bit lacking as you tend to walk past plants/trees you would probably like to know more about but there is little or no information about them as only selected plants/trees are highlighted.The walkway was unavailable when we went as we missed it by 5 minutes which was a shame as it was expensive to get in.I think its a nice attraction for the kids to see the diverse plants /trees from around the world that they may not know about .It is not as interactive as I wouldve hoped.The view from the outside and looking down onto the Biodome is fantastic.Overall it was good to visit but at over £60 for 3 adults its definately not a MUST SEE..

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Weston Super Mare, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Lots of walking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everyone must go here even just once, its a wonderful place to chill but there are plenty for the imagination. Be warned though there is lots of walking and going into the project is a little steep but there is a train to take you down, and a couple lifts too from the core. My husband is disabled so we take a slow walk down and get the lifts back up. The rainforest is a very hot dome so my advice is to take a fan I did and it was most welcome. For £6 a head you can have a buffet lunch which we thought good value. Plenty of interesting things for the children to do especially in the Core very hands on. Take advantage of a free return for a year, we did and have been back a couple times going at different times of the year. Don't recomment you go over the winter as the music from the ice skating is rather loud.

Visited October 2012
Watford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fantastic. For kids and adults alike. Would definitely recommend. The biomes mean that it can be enjoyed in all weathers so we look forward to returning in the summer. Take advantage of the annual membership for the cost of a day's entry.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Halloeden indeed! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My family went along to the incredible halloweden event. Phenomenal childrens activities, including wand making, face painting, etc. However the monsters ball was truly fabulous. I could not believe how vibrant the atmosphere in the dome was and the 2 dancers who appeared and greeted the children before leading them in the monster dances were excellent! We had so much fun! The only blight was a rather officious ice rink attendant who made my 4 year old cry with her over the top ranting about health and safety (my daughter wanted to stand on the penguins feet....shock horror!) and caused us to be escorted to the entrance with a tearful child. But then I guess you're either a people person or you're not!

Well done Eden! The food in the cafe was sublime also, we marvelled at how they maintained the high and good value standard with the thousands of customers they had. Brilliant, thank you :)

Visited October 2012
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Amazing place,despite the service & pricing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recommend that everyone should go to the Eden project at least once. It is interesting, educational and a really good, hands-on experience.

On the downside, the prices are way over-priced. Look on their website for special offers before you go or use Tesco vouchers. It gets very crowded in the summer! The staff were somewhat less than friendly also. I had an argument in one of their restaurants, as they had their prices clearly advertised on a board by the till, but were charging more (for drinks). I argued that they had to charge the price advertised, to which they threatened to throw me out if I disagreed.

Visited August 2012