“Campsite of ploughed field?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullion
Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
You added Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Ruan Minor, Near Helston | Cornwall, Mullion TR12 7LJ, England   |
South Wales
“Campsite of ploughed field?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having stayed at this park on previous occasions (albeit in a static van) I chose Mullion to test out my new motorcycle touring equipment. So I booked a two night stay before the easter rush.

I would describe myself as an avid camper and a bit of wet weather doesn't phase me in the slightest. I was anticipating having to pitch on wet ground. However, I was not anticipating having to ride through a muddy, churned up building site to get to my allocated pitch. Parkdean are building more hard standings for static van's but the equipment used by the builders leaves a trail of thich wet mud all over the roadway. This meant an interesting ride through this part of the site. Also meant I had to find a jet wash to wash the mud off my tires as wet mud and motorcycles don't mix!

I was allocated pitch 16 which is a bog (excuse the pun) standard camping pitch. I'm still trying to figure out why I was allocated such a waterlogged pitch when I was the only tent around. I ended up having to pitch on an adjacent pitch which was slightly firmer but still left everything caked in mud. On the plus side, it was located near to the shower/toilet block. On the downside they pipe music into the block 24 hours a day meaning you wont get any piece and quiet in the evenings. Reception was closed when I went to mention this and the park warden was nowhere to be seen.

Did I mention that the workers building the hard standing start work at 0800? I enjoyed a JCB clunking and clanging waking me up. Again I tried to find the park warden to complain about the noise but their hut was locked. So I decided to pack all my gear away and head to another campsite.

As I've said I have stayed at this Parkdean site many times before with no real issues but I feel that unless you book a premium touring pitch they use a dart board and map to allocate your pitch. I'd probably suggest that you avoid this park if you are camping and book into one of the other local camp sites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have stayed here a few times over the years. Lots to see and do around the area. Coming back again at the end of August. Looking forward to it!!! The entertainment team were great and my children really enjoyed the kids club.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed for a long wend in April through the sun holiday scheme. Stayed in a9. Great location really close to amnesties yet no late night noise. Pool was big and clean and the outdoor pool was being painted so will be great for the forthcoming season. Kids entertainment was brill. Adults entertainment not but then it's all about the kids. Ate one night in the restaurant which was very nice. Can also recommend mullion cove beach and flambards which are both on the doorstep. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed April 2014
Colne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times so I guess that says a lot. Great place to use as a base and lots of things to do and see without having to drive for miles. Many good beaches nearby. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I holidayed here with my family for a week in March / April. We stayed in a mobile home which was immaculately clean and well appointed. Before going I read some of the earlier reviews and wondered what we were letting ourselves in for but for what it is - a caravan park - it is well laid out, has a good swimming pool and holiday park activities. The restaurant provided generous portions and the food was good value. Honestly for the price you pay, this is a great place and the position is fantastic for exploring this part of Cornwall. We had a super holiday.

Stayed April 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed in one of the 1960's looking bungalows for three nights. The accommodation was generally clean with the exception of a wine stained table that had slipped through the cleaners net. No big deal really.
The swimming pool was fine, the entertainment what you expect from this type of place.
We ate in the restaurant which was your average type of basic food, beefeater type style. Perfectly acceptable.
I thought the drinks were quite expensive for on tap wine.
Overall not a bad experience. Perfect base to explore this beautiful part of Cornwall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

On arrival very warm welcome from the Reception staff, it seems that nothing is too much trouble. Also met with the Sales staff who are excellent and know their job. Eating in the restaurant the food was of high quality and very good. Entertainment team are professional and friendly. Was made to feel welcome by all. Accommodation was excellent and was like it stated in the brochure. Coming back next year for a longer holiday.

Room Tip: If possible come to the site and look around, ask to look in accommodation if possible before bookin...