This is our first time at this site and I have to say it will probably be our last visit.
Why? When we arrived on Friday the first thing I noticed as soon as I opened the door was the stench of damp. It was raining heavily so we unpacked our car and made a cup of tea, we went to reception to report the smell of damp and a cleaner was sent round to spray air freshener. I found it hard to sleep that night as the smell was overwhelming, we used our own sleeping bags as it made the beds more comfortable. The damp was so bad, my sons asthma was set off.
The paint was peeling off the wall in the boys room and my son found dirty tissue under the bed. The skirting boards were an inch deep in dust. Broken ducting on the double room and stained carpets.
The pool was nice and we enjoyed using it. The lifeguards seemed friendly. However, the area was dirty, we had the same poolside table over two days, and the same rubbish was on the floor both days. The changing rooms were horrid, ladies sanitary things left on the floor, which were there from our morning swim to when we went back in the afternoon.
The club seemed fine, our boys loved the entertainment. The people who worked with the kids seemed enthusiastic and happy to be there.
A few previous comments mentioned the other guests, which I thought was a bit harsh, as out of the remit of the park. However in the pool a young mixed group were discussing quite loudly the benfits of knocking someone out! Not exactly fitting for a family site!
We used the take away on our first night and as we like our food cooked, we did not return. The staff in there seemed friendly though.
We left early and the receptionist did not ask why! Nor were we asked if the smell in our accommodation had improved. Poor customer service and no we would not return. We prefer the other parkdean site a few miles away, not for facilities, but cleanliness and friendliness!
- Also Known As:
- Mullion Holiday Park Hotel Mullion
- Mullion Holiday Park Hotel
- Mullion Holiday Park
- Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lively park with a legendary Lizard!We're talking about the breathtaking Lizard Peninsula. Mullion is ideall located for discovering beautiful beaches, hidden coves and quaint fishing villages. A day exploring this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a must, if you can bear to leave the choice of facilities at Mullion, from indoor & outdoor pools and adventure playgrounds, to relaxing sun terraces and of course, our crazy kids' clubs with Sid & Lizzie! * A lively park in a pretty countryside setting * Five miles from spectacular Lizard Point * Close to pretty fishing coves and coastal walks * Visit the nearby historic town of Helston * Fantastic Showtime Entertainment ... more less