“Second stay not disappointed one bit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullion
Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
You added Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Ruan Minor, Near Helston | Cornwall, Mullion TR12 7LJ, England   |
“Second stay not disappointed one bit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time this year and not disappointed one bit staff so helpful caravan was amazing central heating dvd player clean planning to return next year thank you for a fab stay!!the surrounding area has so much more left to explore id recommend it to anyone who loves the cornish coastline

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Having stayed on many camping and caravan sites when my children were young, Parkdean, didn't seem to have that many facilities for children. The indoor pool looked small, the outdoor paddling pool seemed adequate, but I should imagine in high season, it would be overcrowded.
I can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there, if the take away was to go by, I'm glad I didn't, but in saying that the restaurant was always busy.
The caravan we stayed in was clean, double bedroom was a bit of a tight squeeze on either side of the bed, just room to move.
The Park itself was well maintained, clean, tidy and some lovely floral displays.
We found the staff cheerful and helpful, the location is lovely, some beautiful places to visit near by. We booked for the area, and just wanted a base so weren't too bothered about the facilities. I think this site would suit families with younger children, as it seems to cater more for that age group.

Room Tip: Would ask for one of the newer caravans or chalet
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Plus points... Was cheap. Staff friendly. That's it!

The caravan was horrid, it stunk of damp and mould. My 5 year old was telling us how much it stank on an hourly basis! The hot water was practically non-existent. Having a 4 month old with us and not having hot water to wash bottles with was quite annoying.

There was blood on the bedroom curtains, mould on the matresses, make-up on the bathroom curtains, crumbs all over the place, mouldy carpets, broken cabinet in the double room with a screw hanging out.

The kettle had to be held to be boiled! Every time we used water (toilet, sink, shower) the drains gave off a disgusting smell. The plates, cups and glasses all had to be washed before use.

I could go on and on... The facilities there weren't too bad, the swimming pool was clean, the life guards were nice, the staff in the restaurant were lovely, the arcade was so-so. We didn't see any entertainment whilst there so can't comment on that. The soft play however was dirty, bits broken, food all over the floor and as it is not staffed people are doing whatever they like.

The local area is very nice, beautiful sea, friendly people, nice shops, Sainsburys is only up the road in helston, petrol was cheap there.

I would recommend the chip shop in the lizard, it is the most southern one in the UK, lovely chips, lovely people. They serve local fish too!!

All in all the holiday park was a disaster! Definitely one to avoid. I have taken pics and will complain asap!!

• Stayed October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at Mullion 21st - 24th Sept in a Gillian (2012 model) caravan (A53) which was located very close to the main amenities. Check in was painless and reception staff were very welcoming. My wife & I prefer to pay extra for top range accommodation because quite frankly, we like decent home comforts.
We were not disappointed as the caravan was spotless with excellent central heating / double glazing & a huge flat screen TV. The kitchen was tops, with utensils all good quality. Credit to Maralyn who prepared the van for our arrival. It would be nice, having paid top price, that beds could be made up for you on arrival.
We mainly use the park as a base and spend little time using the Park facilities, however, we did have a few meals in the Kynance Restaurant which I have to say were very good. The waitresses were so pleasant and couldn't do enough for us - prices were reasonable and compareable to other mainstream pub outlets - we dined one evening in a pub in Mullion & it was a disaster !
The shop was well stocked with all the things you need daily & more- yes, a bit pricey but hey, this is a remote area-we city dwellers are used to all the big supermarkets on our doorsteps ! Whilst we stayed in our caravan most evenings, we did go to the main clubhouse on the Sunday night and were entertained by the Troopers who performed an 'Urban Edge' set - absolutely brilliant ! I sometimes think its easy to write bad reviews but not write good ones, I believe some people are born to whinge about anything instead of looking at the bigger picture, yes, the place needs a makeover and perhaps some of music/ entertainment is dated but overall, I would consider returning to Mullion in the future.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for all those home comforts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the park on 14th-17th September with my partner and 1 year old son. The park itself is lovely, swimming pool, shop, restaurant and entertainment all in one place.

We attended the park via The Sun Holidays. We arrived early so could not book in when we got there. This was fine, the booking in was stated 4pm anyway. So we had a look round then went to view the local beaches and area, the local area is beautifull and scenic and the area itself is very reccomended.

When we refurned to book in the lady was very friendly and helpful. We were allocated a 3 bedroom caravan at the front of the park near the Main facilities and entertainment which was nice and actually not too loud as I thought it would be. The caravan itself was a nice size and although obviously quite old everything was nicely presented. However upon inspection the cleanliness was not up to standard. The bathroom sinks were not clean and there was a smell in the living room we could not pinpoint until I discovered a dirty nappy in the corner. Although slightly hidden not in a place that was unreachable to be cleaned and checked.

I would say the staff in the bar&grill and child entertainment although friendly, seemed slightly unfoccused and as if they preffered not to be there. There was also lack of amount of serving staff at the bar/takeaway and restaurant. 1 person seeming to be available on each although the park was packed. No wonder staff hace no motivation if they are made to work the job of 3 people alone. Food waiting times were awful due to the low staffing.

I would not reccomend this particular park again but would try another parkdean venue. As I have heard ithers are much nicer. The surrounding area though I would fully reccomend if you could find other accomadation

• Stayed September 2012
Torquay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After reading several reviews before we went away, I was not looking forward to our accommodation, how wrong I was, we were allocated a 'bungalow' on arrival, it had double glazing a fairly new fitted kitchen, heaters in all rooms & a flat screen TV in the lounge. All the rooms had been cleaned well, I definatly had no complaints especially with the gale force winds and pouring rain we had from late Saturday night until lunchtime Sunday, once the door was shut we couldn't hear the storm outside. We took our quilts with us and I am glad we did, this being my only moan, the 2 single quilts were very thin and looked like they had seen better days.
We tried the club on the Saturday night and my 5year old was most insistant we went again on the Sunday night, the not a none brand of vodka & diet coke was £1.90 so I had no complaints about going back the second night.
We found all the staff very friendly & the whole weekend well worth it, we shall be going back next year with the grandparents & my sister in tow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here on a bargain break in in one on the chalets. The unit had been modernised to a good standard and was bigger than the average caravan. No noise. Beds were so, so. For £20 a night it was excellent. The site is well located for exploring the Lizard and Penwith. This is a very interesting and unspoilt area that should be visited. No complaints. The site is easy to find and sits beside the man Lizard road. There is a very large Tesco and smaller Sainsbury's as you come into Helston from the west, so need need to carry provisions on your journey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park? Share your experiences!