“A Magical Weekend - Ms Pat and Sir Crispin” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mevagissey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“A Magical Weekend - Ms Pat and Sir Crispin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I just returned home to New York after the most extraordinary weekend at Hotel Tremarne in Mevagissy. What an amazing find. I am a well traveled soul and a particular one overall. This little gem of a hotel was like a home away from home. Norman meets you at the front door and you know instantly that you are in the very best of care. My room was spacious, immaculate (actually you could eat off the window ceils), with a breathtaking view. The room rate was more than reasonable for the quality, and they have a chef who does spectacular breakfast and dinner. The grilled sea bass was so well prepared, I ordered it two nights in a row. The owners, Michael and Fitz are a treat and add a great deal to the whole experience. They are there to serve and nothing is too much effort. They make you feel like the world is your oyster, and while staying at Hotel Tremarne, it certainly is..... Ms Pat, New York, New York

Room Tip: A room with a view from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We booked our rooms at the Tremarne Hotel based on all the wonderful reviews from Tripadvisor, and we were so happy we did. The place was spotless, our room was comfortable and exceeded our expectations, and the staff was exceptionally welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Norman greeted us at the door as if we were old friends. Fitz, Sue and Michael were all so pleasant and warm -- everyone at the hotel seems to enjoy what they do. Mevagissey is a real gem of a town. I would recommend the Tremarne Hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, friendly place to stay in a beautiful part of Cornwall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights at Tremarne Hotel during Easter break. It was a perfect location for exploring Mevagissey and the surrounding area. The room was very nice, clean and fairly spacious. We had one night dinner in the restaurant, and together with the breakfast, the food quality was good with generous portions. One very useful aspect was ample parking space for cars which is of great benefit in the narrow streets of Mevagissey. Michael, Norman, Fitz and everyone else at the hotel were fantastic in every way, including the suggestions on where to get good sunrise pictures. I would certainly return for a longer stay at Tremarne.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have just come back from our third holiday staying at Tremarne and again it was great. Michael Fitz and their staff looked after us with lots of care everything was spot on the rooms was immaculate. The beds were lovely you just sink into them and drift away.
The food was outstanding nothing was too much trouble, Mrs B has an eating disorder and we emailed a list of foods she could and could not eat and the chef was brilliant.
If you are looking for a hotel that is away from the hussle and bustle and is central to all the beautiful gardens in the area this is the one for you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, rooms at the front have a lovely view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a long weekend here with nine other couples in our group. The Management team of Michael, Fitz and Norman and their Staff could not have been more accommodating. For a Hotel of this size the food and service were exceptional, our room was comfortable and provided all that was required including a spotless bathroom. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend and the package provided to us we thought full value for money.

Room Tip: Go for the superior rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Like the previous 2 reviewers I feel compelled to post a review in defence of The Tremarne following ridiculous "Terrible Place" review.

As holiday makers:

We never holiday in the UK
Never stay at the same place twice
Never book anything but B&B accommodation
Never eat or drink in the place we stay
Never like to socialise with other guests or hotel owners

All that changed when we discovered The Tremarne by chance in 2008!

Like the previous reviewer we are counting down the days to our annual stay at The Tremarne this year - our 7th stay. A week this time in the beautiful Portmellon Suite. It has been remiss of me not to post a review before but "Terrible Place" has so incensed me I feel compelled to defend The Tremarne.

From the moment you walk in the door, whether a first time visitor or a "regular", you are made to feel truly welcome. The hospitality is exceptional the team at The Tremarne could easily show The Hotel Inspector how to run a hotel!

Food is excellent we would never think of dining anywhere but in the hotel.

Hospitality and banter in the bar make for a truly enjoyable holiday. Be warned though you may end up splitting your sides laughing when Norm and Fitz start.

Place is as clean as a new pin.

John S from York aka "Terrible Place" clearly can't remember where he stayed or is just being downright malicious. Have a conscience John (or Trip Advisor) and remove this vindictive & ridiculous review.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently stayed there and I have to say it was one of the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. I can only think that this is an untrue review and possibly a competitor as I know from another review the Hotel was recently (3 weeks ago) been upgraded by the AA from a Two Hotel - Three Star Hotel. You have to ask yourself if the AA have upgraded it then surely it proves the hotel is improving in quality and standard!! Based on that alone I think most sensible people will realise this must be a fake review. I stayed at the hotel on the 07/03/2014. I can't tell how impossible the previous review could be, for starters the welcome was so warm, I couldn't believe at two star Michael one of the owners, nipped out to help me from the car with my bags and that attentive service continued throughout the stay. I seriously have not experienced the warm hospitality and service anywhere that I did form the team, I actually felt I was at home. I am so angry that the previous reviewer has tried to paint such a bad picture, I don't normally write reviews but this has made me cross as I know it is very far from the truth. The place is spotless, I took some photos while I was there as I am planning to have a family event there for new years, Fitz was good enough to show me around and allow me to take pictures so I could show my family. I have posted them and you can make your own mind up! Please take a moment to look. I would encourage anyone to look at the other reviews and understand something very suspicious is going on here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Tremarne Hotel? Share your experiences!