“Everything a country should be and more” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stockport
“Everything a country should be and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We visited in June 2012 and I have been trying to find where to write this review since then! I have looked repeatedly in Mevagissey only to find it listed under St Austell!
My wife and I ate there one summer evening last year.
We received a very warm welcome, a splendid choice of hand pulled beer, quality service and even better food.
We both had fresh crab starters which were delicious and matched the quality of the produce of the area. i then had slow roast pork which came with perfect crackling ,mustard mash, three fresh vegetables and cider gravy.My wife had pan fried duck with crisp bacon, thyme gravy, roasted swed and sauteed potatoes..Both meals were superb.I actually kept my notes for nearly a year because a visit here is well worth the short trip off the beaten track.Enjoy!
I am delighted to see that it is still going strong.When we visited we were told it was under new owners.I was determined to see their hard work rewarded on my review even if it has taken me nearly a year to do it..They should list it under Mevagissey really

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Country pub with good country grub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Country pub with good country grub. Reasonably priced, we went for Sunday roast. This was very good which has prompted us to give the main menu a shot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Exeter
“Quality food served in a good old English pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Relaxed atmosphere, traditional English pub, friendly welcoming staff and GREAT food. They were also very accommodating of our two young fussy children! Good value too. Hope to return one day.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Warm and Cozy, with Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This pub is great! We arrived in a cold, steady rain shortly after the 5:30 p.m. opening time for drinks and were promptly offered a table. The atmosphere is just what this American was hoping to find in an English country pub--a roaring fire blazing away, copper pots hanging over the fireplace, and friendly service. The food, beef stew and the lamb special, was delicious and a good value. My dinner at the Crown Inn was my favorite meal during a ten day trip to Oxford, Windsor and Cornwall. I recommend it highly.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Lovely pup in the quaint village of St Ewes. Excellent food at a reasonable price in a very friendly atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012