“Great fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Menheniot
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: JUMP OFF A CLIFF:The Zip at Adrenalin Quarry in South East Cornwall, is the UK’s maddest ever zip wire. Long, high, fast. Twin wires cross the flooded depths of the old quarry, sheer cliffs rise on either side.The Zip is the only place in the UK where you can just turn up and jump. NO NEED TO BOOK! No fuss, no pre-booking, no hours of waiting around – we throw you off our cliff within minutes of arrival. We're easy to find, just off the A38 main road. THE GIANT SWING: IT WILL LEAVE YOU SPEECHLESS. Perched at the top of our cliffs, The Giant Swing hangs 50ft off the ground, 150ft over water. You’re hoisted to 80° then plunged 3-at-a-time over the lake. Just when you think there’s no turning back, you pull out of the dive and experience zero gravity, before doing it all again – backwards. First reactions (after recovery time): ‘I was floating on air for 20 minutes afterwards.’ ‘The most amazing thing I’ve ever done.’ ‘Awesome!’ ‘Someone’s gonna pay for this!’. ‘I want to go home now’.No need to book this either! Suitable for all ages 5 - 96 JUMP RIGHT OFF THE CLIFFS INTO OUR LAKE! COASTEERING with THE BLOB at Adrenalin Quarry is unique. Check out our videos and snaps on facebook. We’re the first coasteering venue where the action’s all freshwater and children aged 10 or more can join in. We’re the only coasteering venue in the world where you feel like you’re on the set of Jurassic Park.Go wild swimming, traverse rockfaces, climb sheer cliffs then jump no-strings-attached into the lake. There’s always a safety boat on the water and BCF/SLSGB-qualified coasteering instructors guide you all the way. We’re also fully AALA registered. All this plus free entry, amazing views, bring your picnic and watch all the action from the viewing decks or down by the lake. Pets on leads are welcome, we're easy to find right by the A238 main road.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went here in July with my fiancee and her family. Wow, so fun! Would recommend to anyone in the area!

Visited July 2012
Will S, General Manager at Adrenalin Quarry, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Hewis,

thanks for a five star review and thanks for coming. Are you guys married yet?

Please come and see us again (before or after your wedding!)

north
“You just have to !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife, 8 year old son and myself took a trip here whilst staying at Deerpark forest in Cornwall.
My wife is scared of heights and went on the zip wire with me. It was a beautiful morning and the view was breathtaking. I thought she was going to back down but I can proudly say she did it!
I videoed it as we went down,...or so I thought....pressed the stop button just before we set off! So when we got to the bottom and looked at the video it showed 10 seconds before the 'zip'....OOOPS...So we had to go again..and we did..Its absolutely brilliant. The staff are so relaxed and friendly and its well worth a visit.

Visited September 2012
Dear KT,

thanks for such a great review, I'm glad you all had a brilliant time. I really appreciate that you noticed our team, they work really hard and deserve a mention.

We often see that the people who are are afraid of heights are the ones who get the most out of it. Congratulations to your wife for jumping of the cliff on a beautiful morning!

We'd love to see your video, please stick it up on youtube if you can be bothered, customer videos are great watching for us.

Thanks for coming with your family.

Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
“Fun end to our Cornwall holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Our 15yr old daughter enjoyed Coasteering (3hr session for £30), while 13yr old son went on zip wire, big swing and go-karting (next door, which also had decent snack van-bacon rolls etc). Located about 35 mins from Fowey, near Liskeard. Very enjoyable outdoor time with space to walk the dog and great atmoshere...and kids were nicely relaxed for long drive home.

Dear MJC120,

thanks for coming and thanks for a great review. I'm glad your kids enjoyed their visit and had a chilled journey home instead of scrapping it out like mine do on a bad day.

Please come back and see us some time, maybe your son can come coasteering next time.

Although we're a separate business from Kartworld, I never hesitate to recommend it as it's a great track with good karts and a really professional team.

Banbury, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic, left us all speechless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

What a lovely place for a day out both for kids and grown-ups! Unforgotten experience, well organised place with oh-so-kind staff. You will get EXACTLY what you are hoping to pay for and even more. Excellent service, pleasant memories for all my family. If I ever visit Cornwall again, it will be with Adrenaline Quarry (and Go-Karting nearby, excellent as well) in mind. Thank you all guys for making me and my folks happy. We were visiting Cornwall for a week, doing something else every day and the day in your park was certainly our favourite.

Dear Magdalena A

thanks so much for your review, I just read it with my son and told him "that's what it's all about"

I don't know where to start but you've made made me really happy and proud of our team.

Liskeard, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Only tried the zip wire (there is also a big swing, cliff diving, hovercrafts, etc).
The wire was a bit costly (£12 for the first go, then £7 for successive goes) but thats probably because it goes so fast as you fly over the quarry/lake.
Very exhilarating, but its a long walk back up, and to be honest, when you have done it once, that will probably suffice.
Worth a visit.

Dear Slapster_uk,

thanks for a great review, and thanks for coming in the first place. You made some good points: we're expensive, and once will probably suffice.

We are the best at what we do, that takes training, R & D, more training, and marketing. As you can imagine, that costs. We're also reclaiming a derelict quarry and making it beautiful. That costs too!

A lot of people go once, a lot of people go twice, a lot of people come year after year because they love it. They're all welcome here, as are you!

Please come back and see us, you can see from the reviews that people really enjoy the other rides here as well.