“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mawgan Porth
Totnes
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a short break to recharge and recharge we did!
Sitting in a wonderfully designed jacuzzi enjoying the sunset.....a very comfortable and luxureous
room... fantastic food throughout the day in The Wild Cafe, it can't get any better.
Thank you so much!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
JanieWhite, Manager at Bedruthan Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your short break with us and were able to help you recharge before the hectic Christmas period. I think the North Coast offers something really special out of season with the magnificent views and the deserted beaches, perfect to get some fresh air and clear the mind. We have so many short breaks on offer this year from crafty ones to activity ones and everything in between so I hope we will be able to see you again soon. We will of course still have the spa breaks too so maybe we can help you recharge again later in the year.
Janie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a great hotel. A nice young feel and clearly geared up for children. We left ours at Grandmas and curiously wanted them to be there to enjoy the whole thing. We got over it after a glass of wine! Nice big hotel with lost of space for the children. Our suite had patio doors with the childrens' play areas right outside. The decor is a retro 1960s set up. It doesn't do much for me but is not offensive and is very 'designer'. The outside of the hotel is not a good look, very 1960s 'non-retro' but give it another 20 years and they'll list it and call it avant grade so your kids will love it. Breakfast is great with wonderful views across the bay and plenty of space to sit and eat. We had a great weekend just the two of us so it works whatever the occasion. Staff friendly and chilled. It all very 'new' Cornwall. Go there today. Use my credit card!

Room Tip: Definitely sea facing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JanieWhite, Manager at Bedruthan Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Great review, thanks very much. We think we’ve got the balance right for families and couples so that you can enjoy a stay at Bedruthan no matter what the occasion is, there are loads of play areas for children and plenty of adult spaces designed to relax and unwind whether the children are with you or not. We’re so lucky to have the Atlnatic on our door step which means you sit and enjoy breakfast watching the waves roll in. I hope that we can welcome you back to hotel again soon as a couple or as family.

Devon, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for a spa break with three female friends & would highly recommend. We had amazing rooms with sea views, wonderful treatments in the spa & fabulous food in both the cafe & the restaurant. The reception staff were particularly helpful & overall I couldn't fault one tiny thing about our stay, we even had the most glorious rainbow great us across the beach in the morning!
The one night spa package was an amazing deal & we'll be back again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for this review, we are all delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed all of your stay and that our staff were able to be part of this experience for you. I will make sure that I let them know how much you enjoyed their service. We love our Spa break and over the next year we will be introducing more short break ideas for people to enjoy with partners and friends so hopefully we can see you again soon on one of these. You’ll be able to find the details on our website.

Tavistock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I booked in for a package - wine, treatment, spa, dinner, bed and breakfast and were not disappointed! The spa was spotless and well maintained, staff friendly and extremely helpful and food superb. The hotel's atmosphere remained cosy and homely even though the weather outside was terrible - a real treat! Worth a visit. i would definitely book again and even consider bringing the children.

Room Tip: Our room was not facing the sea but this did not impede our stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad to hear that you had a nice break with us, we love our 1 night Spa package, it’s great value for money and means go can really get away from it all and relax with some little luxuries along the way. We have a whole range of breaks available so maybe next time you could try your hand at one of our craft or activities breaks. In the holidays the children can have a real treat too, we have so many activities running around the hotel and within the childcare department that they will run out time to do everything! I hope we can see you soon with and without the little ones.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Took advantage of cheap offer - excellent value. But I would pay twice as much to stay here. Staff very friendly and helpful -unusually so- and not in your face. Food excellent and its possible to stay within the food allowance!! So much and varied public space always somewhere to be in comfort, There were alot of small children there . Its a huge credit to the hotel that not one was crying!! Happy and contented children/babies made for "seen and not heard"!! But do take a seaview room it is SO spectacular.

Room Tip: Average rating for non sea view. Double excellent for twice as big seaview room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JanieWhite, Manager at Bedruthan Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We’re really glad to hear that you enjoyed one of our special package weekends, we think they represent great value for money and give people the opportunity to explore Bedruthan and the surrounding areas at a time of year when Cornwall is quieter but just as enchanting. I can’t think of anything better than kicking back and watching the Atlantic Ocean through the big picture windows of our Sea View rooms and so we want our guests to be able to make the most of ‘those views’ too. I hope you can come and visit us again soon.
Hersham, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had heard excellent word of mouth about this hotel and even with high expectations, these were met - and surpassed. The staff are incredibly friendly and tolerant of children and in fact actively engage with them at all times. The menu is lovely, seasonal and local, healthy fare with things the kids will like thrown in so everyone is happy. There was a free kids show every evening at 6 which varied from a magician to "Mark's Ark" where my 4 yr old got to touch a lizard, snake and owl and was talking about it for weeks after. We did kids club and as our little one is an only child we were apprehensive, but a man in fancy dress had been at breakfast that morning so we could say "you are going to see that funny man for some fun" which was a great ice-breaker intro to the kids club. She was absolutely fine and had made a sword for the Pirate Show that night so was keen to go to the kids entertainment again... parents sit at the sides with a glass of wine or beer which is great. Kids came in their PJs and before or after supper as no one minds and it is totally flexible to fit around your kids age/routine. We booked the spa beforehand and this was as expected from a London spa so full marks here. The pool was busy but never too busy. The beach is a 10min walk away down an easy slope and we took some home-made cakes from the hotel down with us and played in the sand and spent a lovely afternoon. We spent another morning and lunch at Padstow which is about 5 mins away and a fine place to pootle but the only thing for kids really is watching the boats in the harbour so I would suggest a half hour visit around a mealtime rather than planning for a whole day out here - unless your kids are old enough to do a boat trip or something. The hotel was a mine of local information and we all left feeling that there was the right balance of entertainment to keep the kids happy and facilities such as babysitting and kids club so that parents felt rested too. We are waiting for our 2nd child to arrive but will definitely back with all of us to stay again! It is on the higher end, budget-wise but worth every penny. Definitely good value for everything you get, from the obvious to the bonus.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suites which had a bunk bed for the kids, a half wall and draw down blind which div...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Good luck with the arrival of your 2nd little one! I’m glad that Bedruthan was able to be part of such a lovely family break for you. You really have captured our ethos perfectly, relaxed and family friendly with some adult indulgences to make you feel special too. Our staff are really important as well and we encourage them to really become part of the Bedruthan experience so it’s great to hear that we were successful and that it enhanced your stay. We’re a great base for adventures around Cornwall so there’s always a host of things to do, no matter what the weather to keep everyone amused. Great to hear we will be able to welcome you back as a family of 4!
Taunton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Fate definitely brought us to the Bedruthan. As a last minute break and no availability elsewhere I was enticed by their special weekend offer, to call and I'm so pleased I did!

Firstly, the tone was set by Janey, who answered the phone and was so helpful, cheerful and accomodating, that I was really looking forward to my stay. We arrived late, in fact 5 minutes late for our pre-booked treatment, but the staff generously whisked us off and soon had us settled and all the stresses of the drive down were forgotten. My partner and I, each had facials and a massage, (he certainly isn't the usual spa customer - but thoroughly enjoyed his treatment!), the staff were very experienced and it was probably one of the best massages I have ever had, really good pressure and interesting conversation too. We were then taken around the spa, which was lovely, clean and tidy, (luxurious without being intimidating).
Our room was fabulous, I am usually very fussy, but I was delighted with the size and layout. We had a bottle of fizz waiting in the room which we relished after such a relaxing couple of hours.

As a childless couple (ours are grown up and away) we were a little anxious to see so many families and little ones and it had been suggested that we head down to Scarlett for cocktails first , we simply ran out of time and headed straight for our table, booked in the Herring Restaurant. Dinner was a delight! Service was friendly and efficient, decor was quirky but good.
We headed up to bed as very happy souls! Although the heating was ever so slightly warm in the corridors, that even with our aircon' the room was toasty.
Breakfast was spent with fabulous views of the coastline and our only slight grumble was that they staff didn't keep topping up the hot buffet, it quickly ran out. Not a complaint from me, as I had the delious home made granola and yogurt. (If you would like to volunteer the recipe chef - I'd be grateful!)
After a fabulous coastal walk, it was time to check out and head off to our next destination, I haven't felt so reluctant to leave anywhere in ages!
I have made the Bedruthan my firm favourite, on a coastline I don't normally frequent, but shall now be forever torn about where to stay in Cornwall. Thank you for excellent service, wonderful staff and great food. I will definitely be back and I'm really looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Definitely a sea view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
What a lovely review, thank you very much. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend away and that we were able to delight you from booking through to departure. I will make sure that I pass on your comments about the Spa and The Herring on to the teams it is always lovely to be able to share such wonderful feedback from guests, I know they will all be really pleased. I note that you enjoyed our Granola, If you want to get in contact with me on jwhite@bedruthan.com, I would be happy to see if I can get the chef to give up the recipe for you!!! Our coastline is so special to us and our guests and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the walks that we have around us. We do all sorts of outdoor activities and breaks which you will find on our website, so maybe you could try one of these next time. See you soon.
Janie

Been to Bedruthan Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!