“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Perfect location, great view, amazing staff! Love the garden and the big red cushion with a breath taking view ..especially from the hot tub...absolutely a must sipping a drink. Great dinner & breakfast... and no kids arounds!! Room was great with an access directly from the garden... quite big, very clean and with a great view. All the staff was very nice and thank you also to Rachel who was unbelievably helpful finding any solutions for us, from taxi to St Ives to management luggage, printing boarding pass...etc.. A return is needed asap. Thank you.

Room Tip: Generous room view + garden access
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a kind review, and it's wonderful to hear that you had such a lovely time with us! It was an absolute pleasure to pass your comments on to the team, especially Rachael. She really appreciated the thanks, said it was her absolute pleasure to help and said that she hoped that the place for lunch she booked for you was worth the trip. Thank you once again, and we're looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the middle of June and it was for my birthday. I had always wanted to stay here and loved the concept of it being an ecoluxury hotel. But when we arrived it surpassed our expectations. Everything about the hotel is awesome. The layout, the decor, the staff are so attentive. We booked for tea every morning at 7am to be delivered to our room. They were spot on each time. We were so lucky with the weather and got the chance to sue the outdoor natural pool and sunbath and use the hot tub. it was all brilliant. The views are breathtaking and I would highly recommend going here. I will be going back.
it's a great location as well for getting to the beach and then driving to Watergate Bay for Jamie's restaurant and to Padstow for Ricks Steins restaurant.
I also had a treatment in the spa and as beauty therapist thought the cocoon like feel was lovely and the therapist was very good. I floated away.
The worst part.. was leaving...

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room so you can see the view of the beach.
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, even more so as it was a celebration... Happy birthday! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others on here. It's great to hear that you'll definitely be back. Maybe for another birthday I hope? We do love a celebration here! I will pass your comments on to the team, and do look forward welcoming you back again soon (and I promise you that the hot tub is fantastic whatever the weather!)
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I love this hotel… If you want serenity and relaxation , then The Scarlet delivers. This was our second visit and we were not disappointed, leaving suitably chilled and rejuvenated once again.

With its breathtaking sea views, stunning decor and delicious food - you cannot fail to be impressed. And what makes it even more special is the understated but exceptional service - the staff really seem to enjoy working at The Scarlet.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to my next visit and spa session :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for telling others about your experience with us, and it's so nice to see that we've really left a lasting impression on you again! You're right in saying that we all enjoy working here... this view and these surroundings every day and it's hard not to!

Once again, it's really nice to see that you were thinking of us six months after your last stay. I hope that you'll be back again soon in the spa and hotel... we look forward to welcoming you back.
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Fantastic 2 night break at the Scarlet last week. The setting is amazing, the service is first class, the rooms are blissful and the food and drink are superb! It really is the most relaxing place. OK the weather was perfect during our stay, which helps, and the sunsets alone were worth the visit. We dined on the terrace both evenings and had some of the best food we've eaten in a long while. The cliff top hot tub is a must, with the obligatory glass of champagne, although the Seaweed copper bath was a little underwhelming. Felt completely refreshed after 3 days here, which was probably enough, as we needed a change from the the hushed tones and chilled atmosphere by then! Oh yes, the breakfast is the best I think I've had. Perfectly cooked, uncomplicated and so tasty. Only one minor negative; the car park is way too small, but hey.

Room Tip: Cloister Garden rooms have great sea view.
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thanks for kindly going to the effort of telling others about your time with us, and I'm so glad that you had a fantastic, time, leaving us nice and relaxed and refreshed by the sounds of it! I will certainly pass your feedback on to the food and beverage manager, as well as the head chef regarding our food and drink being superb, and the breakfast being the best you've had. Its lovely to hear that you also found the service to be first class!

Thank you for your feedback with regards to our new copper tub. We are always looking to improve so if you do have any suggestions on how we can make it better please do let me know. I agree that our car park is a little 'cosy'. We have addressed this with a valet service, so that guests can just hand the keys over and have a glass of wine whilst we take care of the three point turns, so please do take advantage of it on your next visit. It's wonderful to hear that you did enjoy the hot tub so much... I have to admit that it's one of my favourite spots. And of course, The Mawgan Porth sunset is quite something else. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it from the terrace.

Thank you once again. I do hope that we see you again next summer if not sooner!
Wakefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ny husband and I went to meet friends there and to have a look around We had a guided tour of the hotel and it had a wonderful feeling of peace and tranquility. The staff were very friendly. The hotel was unlike any we have ever visited. It is very eco friendly. There is an outside reed swimming pool which looked very inviting, a beautiful terrace for a drink, a dining terrace and little areas for relaxing and sunbathing. The lunch we had was absolutely delicious - I had brill and then chocolate cremeaux, both of which exceeded expectations. The views over Mawgan Porth beach are spectacular. Cannot wait to stay there sometime in the near future!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thanks for popping in for lunch whilst down in Mawgan Porth, Christine. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit. The chocolate creameux is definitely one of my personal favourites... so rich and indulgent, like heaven on a plate! I do hope that you'll be back to visit us very soon (if we didn't take your details during the tour, please feel free to sign up to our mailing list on our website, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter. We often share recipes (food and spa related) and gorgeous photos of the view to give everybody a nice little Scarlet fix whilst back at home at their desks. Worth a look!

You taking the time to tell others about your experience is really appreciated. Thanks once again, and we hope to see you back here again soon!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Love this hotel! Breathtaking setting. Great staff. Lovely food. Although fairly pricy, it is the perfect place to unwind and relax. Love the steam room and outdoor natural plunge pool. Look forward to returning!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review, and I'm so happy that you fell in love with us. I agree that the natural pool is certainly bracing (especially in February when you stayed), and perfect for a dip in after the hot tub or steam room (or even as an exhilarating early morning wake up, as Nikki, our brave GM enjoys!)

Thank you once again. I'm glad that you are looking forward to returning to us in the future and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I recently returned for a 5 night break at the end of a business trip in the area
The hotel is fantastic in every aspect and the weather during our stay was perfect. The staff however take the place to another level. Nothing is too much trouble their attentiveness is natural and not forced. We dined in the restaurant the first night and then tried to book 48hours in advance for the Sat night. The staff member told us that the restaurant was already full which we would have fully accepted. Without prompting she offered to set up a table on our room balcony and serve us there. We had a great meal watching the sun setting over the bay. This 'can do' attitude sets the Scarlett apart. We will be back, thank you.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful time (particularly after a business trip to the area... what a fabulous way to unwind!)

It was so kind of you to take the time to write such high accolade for the team. I will really enjoy passing on your praise to the team (I agree that they really make it what this place is!). How lovely that you had dinner on your balcony as well... Nothing quite as romantic as a candlelit dinner watching the sun set. Lovely to hear that you're hoping to return, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to The Scarlet Hotel? Share your experiences!