We stayed for 4 nights, the staff were very friendly & helpful and there is free car parking at the front of this B&B. Good central location, easy walk to the little river and nice little town but watch out for a lone swan which approached us by the river and pecked my knee!. There is a good outdoor area with plenty of seating and a small bar and large dining room/lounge. They have local St Austell beers and guest beers on tap too. The breakfasts were very good, booked the night before. Unfortunately we were in room 6 which although clean & comfortable with an adequate shower room/loo etc also had a squeaky bed. It is also right over the kitchen so the room was hot and the kitchen fan started up about 7.30am with a squeal and then went on until after the last evening meal, no lie-ins for us. Towels and linen changed frequently and nothing too much bother for the friendly manager & staff. Worth a stay, reasonable rates but rooms 1 to 4 would be quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- The Royal Oak Lostwithiel, Cornwall