Having just returned from spending 6 nights at the Royal Oak would definitely recommend this inn. Simon and Karenza were exceptionally welcoming, however, Amanda and Tamaro were outstanding staff and could not help enough, to making early fresh coffee for an early riser, to helping with train times and luggage. As a retired guest house owner myself I tend to look more closely at the 'little things' and for the price we paid this is an excellent place to stay. Room was very clean, internet access and wifi, comfortable beds and clean linen, and bath towels that actually go around you. Breakfasts were substantial, meals were not the usual 'pub grub' and we did sleep at the front of the pub and found no noise or smell etc. etc. Will definitely stay there again and recommend to our friends the Cornish hospitality from all over Cornwall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- The Royal Oak Lostwithiel, Cornwall