“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ballaminers House

Ballaminers House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Petherick
Ballaminers House
Little Petherick, Padstow PL27 7QT, England   |
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I have recently returned from a trip to Cornwall and we stayed at the beautiful Ballaminers House in Little Petherick. The cottage is set in well manicured gardens and is located off the main road which is always important! There are views over the gardens to the church spire - very quintessentially English. The house is really spacious - 3 living rooms and 2 kitchens plus two areas for dining outside. It's perfect for families or couples alike. I understand that there is also the added benefit of bringing a dog if you have one.The decor is stunning and the owner Amanda has obviously thought thought every little detail and made sure that you have access to any equipment that you might possibly need during your stay. Kate the housekeeper greeted us on arrival and was so friendly and helpful with our many questions too.

The cottage is perfectly located around 2 miles from Padstow and is a great base to explore the many beautiful beaches in North Cornwall.

I was surprised to see some of the earlier reivews of the house as a B&B - please don't let them put you off as I don't think they accurately reflect the property. It is now a holiday rental and the perfect retreat. I'm an international event planner and very priviledged to stay in some of the best hotels in the world, and as a result my standards are very high.

I would highly recommend Ballaminers House and I encourage you not to look any further!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I decided to go away for a few days with my Father in Cornwall and chose to stay at this beautiful country house. We had a very warm welcome and a very comfortable stay. They had everything you needed and it was very clean and tidy.
I highly recommend this place to anyone who is going to Cornwall or Newquay. I have stayed in many places in Cornwall and Newquay as I am a keen surfer and this is by far the best! It is only a shot drive from Padstow or a nice walk if you fancy the exercise... And Newquay takes no time at all by car. It was the perfect place to come back too after a long days surfing which I did most days to put your feet up and chill.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I understand everyone is entitled to there own opinion - so am i to mine....... I don't agree with the bad reviews towards amanda and her house and cottages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a very fussy person where i stay - a snob you could say!!! And now I have a dog even more fussy as would not like to stay somewhere very doggy!!!! I know that sounds weird but the stable cottage did not feel or smell or look like dogs should stay or even have been there!!!! It was perfect!!!!!! It was very peaceful and quiet a great location just outside padstow you could walk if you wanted to! The cottage was fully equipped and clean! Amanda and family were very friendly!!! Also We felt so awful but Amanda was very understanding!!! when rollie our miniature sausage dog got hold of a pillow and destroyed it! We shall definitely stay again and bring family with us to stay in the other cottages and house!! I am recommending to everyone! It is so hard having a dog to stay somewhere so nice and that even allows them! The stable cottage ticks a massive box!!!! Thank you Amanda

Padstow is so dog friendly best place you could ever take your dog! The beach was very clean! you could take them
In most shops and pubs even restaurants! Rick steins everything!! was my favourite his shop I brought so much! The bistro expensive but worth every penny! The patisserie yummy and the best fish and chips in the whole world!

• Stayed June 2012
Enfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We just returned from a lovely restful but busy ! long weekend at Dairy Cottage in Little Petherick. The owner kindly let us know that the cottage was ready early ! It was clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated with parking on site. The village was pretty with lovely walks nearby - you could do a circular walk into Padstow along the estuary - wild orchids and primroses scattered along the hedgerows. Padstow was great and Rick Stein's restaurant well worth a visit. Lots of places to eat a short drive from the cottage and all good fare. Ideal place to situate yourself for touring the area - not far from Padstow, Eden Project, St Merryn and other beaches, Tintagel, Port Isaac and Bostcastle. All do-able in a long weekend. Would recommend this cottage and would go again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I hired the house over Christmas, and i found it a very nice place to be. Three sitting rooms meant that we could all do what we wanted.

The kitchen was very well equipped - The fridge was large to hold all our Christmas food, and the washing machine drum was also excellent to do our washloads.

An extremely well done up property, which is also a practical home away from home.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Having read the reviews can not understand where most have stayed as defently does not sound like the place we stayed at. we thought amanda was helpfull and friendly at all times. Especially when first booking the holiday which most places only did a fri to fri or sat to sat but amanda accomodated us from thursday to tuesday. Amanda even held the cottage for us longer as could not find my cheque book. The dairy cottage was lovely clean and had everything we could possibly need. On our arrival found a bag containing biscuites and treats and the best home made strawberry jam i have ever tasted. Would very much recomend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Last year i was looking to visit Padstow and came across Ballaminers House website. My friend and I decided to treat outselves to self contained so we booked Stable Cottage. We felt the cost for our stay reflected the high standard of accommodation we had and it is also close to Padstow. In the evenings we were able to chill out on the patio of the cottage and relax from stressfull London. The owner Amanda was warm and friendly and made us feel very welcome, yet left us alone to enjoy our stay. As an animal lover she has some great four legged doggy friends. This year, my friend and I are going again to Padstow and the surrounding areas to get away and are booking Ballaminers House but this time have decided to book Dairy Cottage. It looks great and are sure we will again have an enjoyable stay. A good find.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ballaminers House? Share your experiences!