“Just Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liskeard
Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall
You added Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall to your Saves list
Liskeard PL14 4QY, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Just Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you want to go away and relax with your partner this is the place to go! I can not fault a thing! From when we arrived to the minute we left we enjoyed everything! Our cabin 38 was lovely, very clean and tidy! The wildlife we saw was amazing! Watching a kingfisher everyday from out hot tub! Brilliant! The breakfast was lovely and the prices are good! The duck race was fun and a great way to find out about other activities going on. Walking in the woods is great! As well as relaxing in the evening in front of the wood burner! The staff are very friendly and helpful, the same staff seemed to be there all the time and work very long hours... Well done you make the place great! Can't wait to return, thank you! :)

• Stayed April 2014
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for writing a review following your recent break at Deerpark. I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday - a great treat to see the kingfisher from your hot tub! We appreciate your recommendation of us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bideford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just returned from a mid week break Golden Oak cabin no 44 (4th choice). Right at the end of the site just one neighbouring cabin but only a short distance from the reception/shop/cafe. Cabin was very well presented and clean. There were some inventory items missing but they were soon bought to our cabin. I had the luxury of the en-suite bedroom in the roof so lovely forest views back & front, but be warned, it is very warm up there. My friends in the 2 twins not so well off as high level windows so no real views. Bathrooms & kitchen were very modern & well fitted. Lovely oak furniture. Lounge furniture a little tired - shame as that was the only down side. We had good TV reception and enjoyed a very atmospheric stay as over 3 nights we enjoyed "Jamaica Inn" & with our log fire burning warmly & dimmed lighting, we could almost have been at Jamaica Inn ourselves!

Lovely walks all around and not too strenuous. I would have liked to have taken advantage of some of the warden trips out but friends not too keen.I did my own little recce around the long deserted mine workings and buildings - great. Think the wonderful hot tub was too great a lure for them! The hot tub was spotlessly clean and soooo warm - BLISS.

The Retreat is good - good stock of holiday essentials also luxury goodies to enjoy. We thoroughly enjoyed a cooked breakfast on the morning we left, that was excellent. As it was 20 years since we 4 friends had last been to the area, we wanted to go out & about & see what had changed, otherwise we would certainly have "eaten in" more. As the food to cook in, looked delicious.

Enough said, it was a lovely place to chill out from our hectic lives! Although sadly, I did miss my mobile! But my daughter had just given birth to a baby boy a couple days before I came away. At least work couldn't reach me!

Last but certainly not least, the staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Special thanks to Jamie from the geriatric birthday girl in the leopard skin onesie! Hope everything goes well for you and your wife on the impending birth of your baby boy.

Room Tip: Look at the map & TA reviews and book EARLY! We were very happy with Cabin 44, very peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent break with us at Deerpark. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and by the sound of it, hit on a nice easy pace for the duration. Good timing as well for watching Jamaica Inn while in Cornwall. I hope you will stay with us again – if you do, don’t forget the leopard skin onesie!
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Deerpark and the staff are very friendly. Only negative was the price (I know, as they say, you pay for what you get but £709 for 3 nights is a lot in anyone's book) and there should have been towels provided for what we paid (we thought there would be and only brought beach towels). We wanted to do an activity like the ranger walk through the wood but, again, it was expensive (even with the family booking discount) and something had to give!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent break with us at Deerpark. I am pleased you found it relaxing. We’d love to see you again; if you sign up to our newsletter you will receive early details of offers we feature, which could bring down the price of your holiday.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Myself and my partner have just returned from a fantastic stay at Deerpark. We stayed in cabin 38 which is very secluded and looks out over a small babbling brook, then forest behind it. We weren't overlooked by anybody so we were able to completely relax in the hot tub without the feeling of being seen by anybody.

The cabin is very luxurious and is furnished to a high standard. There were plenty of towels and dressing gowns for use after the hot tub. It was clean, spacious and it had very special feel to it. The hot tub was checked daily, and it was fantastic to relax in it during the evening with the stars above and the wildlife so close by.

I would recommend this to everyone. It was just myself and my partner, but we both have children and we agreed that if we did bring them, they would love it.

We didn't get the log burner going as we spent evenings in the hot tub but it would've been very cosy if we had of done.

There are lots of lovely traditional Cornish beaches within 30 miles, so lots of things to do in the daytime, plus some great forest trails to walk or cycle.

This really is a great break and I would highly recommend it. I am already looking at dates for next year.

Room Tip: It's worth looking at the site map and paying extra to choose your cabin, I would like to stay i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent break at Deerpark. I am delighted you had such a lovely stay and enjoyed the cabin, the hot tub and the forest setting. If you do bring the children I think they will have a great time, with the freedom of the forest and perhaps some Forest Ranger activities too. We look forward to seeing you again.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We feel that we have to send our comments to trip adviser, something we have never done before after the amazing time we have just had at Deerpark. We have just spent a week at Deerpark to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary
We were in cabin 20 and everything possible was there, pure luxury. A big thank you to the cleaning staff as everything was spotless.
Our holiday was made even more special by the lovely staff at the retreat, friendly and professional constantly making us laugh.
At 60 years of age we found ourselves behaving like children at the duck race, a deer park institution that is not to be missed.
We will definitely be back for the totally relaxed and chilled out experience that is Deerpark.

Room Tip: Cabins overlooking the lake are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary and thank you for writing such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your anniversary break with us and I will make sure that all the team at Deerpark see your kind and appreciative comments. I hope that this will be the first of many visits for you both.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just got back from a long weekend break at Deerpark and it was the first time we had been.
We stayed in a Silver Birch cabin with our dog and we were not disappointed. I couldn't get over how highly furnished the place was and how clean. I couldn't see one dirty thing in the whole place. The cabin has nearly everything you could need and the view over the lake was so peaceful, seeing and hearing all the wildlife.

We had a log burner and a hot tub which were superb. The beds were very comfortable which I was very surprised at. The upstairs bathroom had a bathtub looking out the windows onto the lake and forest which was amazing to see whilst having a relaxing soak !!

The parks location is just perfect and it gives you the feeling of being miles away from anywhere but comfortable at the same time. As many other people say there is no Mobile phone signal which is a nice change, just put all your electronics in a draw and forget about the rest of the world !
You can use the Wi-Fi at the forest retreat but the speeds are so incredibly slow you can hardly load a webpage.

My only issues were the logs that we purchased from the forest retreat were very damp and we had a hard time getting the fire going with them. In the end we had to buy some more from somewhere else and they lit the fire fine which was annoying as the logs we purchased from the retreat were very expensive (£12). Also the DVD player in our cabin didn't work and was falling apart so we couldn't watch a movie we bought. Also when I checked in I think I walked in on the staff having a argument or something but they didn't seem too happy.

I would most certainly return again !

Room Tip: Choose a cabin on the pond to see the wildlife
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent break at Deerpark. I am pleased that your first visit did not disappoint and that you enjoyed a relaxing few days. We’ve picked up on your feedback with regard to the logs and the DVD player and will take action. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

What a fantastic place! Ideal location to go exploring Cornwall from. I simply cannot recommend Deerpark strongly enough! Just go. If you like peace, tranquiliy and serenity, this is the place for you. Ideal for couples and families alike. The cabins are superbly done. Warm, comfortable, tastefully decorated and the huge windows provide a great aspect to enjoy the forest from. We stayed here for four nights in cabin 5, which is on the corner of the main entrance road to the Reception (known as The Forest Retreat) - the cabins are that well sound-proofed that this did not cause a problem at all. In fact, cabin 5 was in a great position, a mere 50 yards or so from the Forest Retreat, where you can buy locally sourced produce, gifts, coffee and snacks and order one of their great pizza's if you fancy a night in. There was a laundrette hut just behind our cabin and the cycle hire and recycling bins were just over the bridge.

The staff were excellent from the moment we got there, smiling, pleasant and willing to help - such a rarity these days. The cabin itself was immaculate, with two bedrooms, a double upstairs and a twin downstairs. The double had it's own en-suite shower room and toilet, whereas downstairs had a separate shower room and separate toilet. The hot tub was simply wonderful, and was serviced and refreshed daily. It was nice to just sit in the tub after a days walking and just watch the stars float by. This brings me on to another point - if, like me, you're a serious photographer, then you'll like the lack of light polution - the stars are so bright here - great for long expsoure star trail photography. Each morning we spread some bird seed on the veranda and watched the bird life come to us while we had our morning coffee from the comfort and warmth of the cabin - again, great if you like your wildlife photography.

The only negative point I'd make (and this is only because I'm a tall chap) was the position of the mirrors upstairs! The mirror in the en-suite was roughly at my waiste height which made shaving a feat of bewildering acrobatics, I even considered bringing a chair up from downstairs and sitting whilst shaving! One other minor point (and really, very minor because it would be so easily fixed) was a small amount of soap scum in the corners of the shower unit. A bit of strong bleach required Forest Holidays!

The Deerpark cabins are a good few miles away from what could be considered a main road, in fact, the access roads are single track which gives you the added feeling of being secluded and away from it all. Another thing, there is NO mobile phone signal, but if you're desperate for internet access, you can access the free WiFi at the Forest Retreat.

All in all a fantastic first trip to Deerpark and we will be going again, it was that good!

Room Tip: Cabin 5 - Silver Birch - close to everything.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review following your recent break at Deerpark. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the setting; it is a proper escape from the rush of everyday life and we are delighted when our guests feel the benefit. It sounds as if you enjoyed the opportunity to take some photographs of the starry skies – maybe from your hot tub? I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Forest Holidays Deerpark, Cornwall? Share your experiences!