“A great little gem.” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Post code TR13 8pS
Cornwall
“A great little gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

Helston, is one of those place that has been run down for years, Shops and eateries come and go like the fog rolling in and back of the Bay.

I've lived in the Area for 15 years and never noticed Giuseppe's. tuck in the upper part of the high-street as it is. Blink and you miss it simply because of the outdated way the council probably enforce the way the shop owners can display advertising outside there establishments.

Well traditionalist that I am I reckon you can judge the chef in a place by how well he does a Carbonara and a fish Dish.

So having "discovered" Giuseppe's last night I can say that I had one of the best Carbonara's I have ever had. A good portion done in the English preferred way with a creamy Sauce and two tone Tagliatelli Verde and Tagliatelli Blanco.

The Sole was also cooked to perfection.

The atmosphere is mid range Cafe / Roma /Restaurant but very comfortable and you can tell the place is family run.

Giuseppe is retiring soon so if you want a lovely properly cooked Italian meal before he does retires back to Sardinia get in there soon......

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

I went here with my parents when we walked the first impressions where not great with the metal dining tables and chair but the thought we r here now we will stay and wow I'm glad we did everything from the service to the food to the drinks was amazing. The only thing I was disappointed with was no tiramisu :-) to which I did say but was told if I was to come again pre order it and the chef can make it for me which was really nice of them look forward to going back again soon

Visited April 2015
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

Lovely family restaurant of daughter serving and Italian Father cooking.Excellent personal customer service,good wine and a tasty selection of food which included a specials board.Would definitely go back again.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

My husband and I ate here for the first time this evening and I couldn't fault it. The food was amazing; I had a sirloin steak in blue cheese sauce with seasonal vegetables which was cooked just the way I like it. I asked for a rare steak which was cooked to perfection. The veg was cooked but still had bite and the sauce was not overpowering and well balanced. My husband had chicken with parma ham and mozzarella in a white wine and cream sauce with steak chips. The sauce was so fragrant and light that I would have got food envy if my own meal hadn't been so delicious!

We will definitely be back, and we're also planning to book a large table for my birthday meal.

Visited March 2015
Helston, United Kingdom
“Saturday Night Family Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Pleasant decor and friendly service however the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. One of the pizzas had a rubbery texture and a minimal amount of cheese and tomato topping whilst the vegetarian was dry and tasteless. The steaks were nicely presented but with only a minimal portion of vegetables in accompaniment. Maybe we picked an off night.

• Visited March 2015