Our 1st and hopefully not last visit here on 6 July 2013. We were lucky to have our 8 berth caravan close to the beach, the views from our caravan were breathtaking. The caravan itself was spacious and well equipped. Entertainment every night on site was excellent, there was always childrens entertainment - balloon modelling, magician, disco etc and for the adults (children were also welcome) there was a great selection of musicians, singers, comedians. All free of charge.
The Bar Bistro served wonderfully tasty, fresh food from an extensive menu from breakfast to dinner. There was a special chosen from the menu each evening at either a discounted price or with a free dessert. Great quality food at a reasonable price.
A car is recommended and although its called St Ives Bay its actually in Hayle which is approx. 6 miles from St Ives but with 3 miles of beach this didn't bother us at all. Also the beach would be difficult to access for anyone with mobility problems as you enter it from the top of the steep sand dunes which are quite a challenge to climb back up again with all your gear!
- Also Known As:
- St Ives Bay Holiday Park Hotel Hayle
- St Ives Bay Holiday Park Hotel
- St Ives Bay Holiday Park Hayle, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run holiday park on fabulous sandy beach. Caravans Chalets and camping in the dunes. Bars, shop etc. Many units with fab sea views. Ideal for families and kids. ... more less