“Well up to Premier standard” 4 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Hayle
Carwin Rise | Sat Nav TR27 5DG, Hayle TR27 4PN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Hayle
Stroud
“Well up to Premier standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

It's a Premier Inn, so there won't be any nasty surprises. The room will be as clean as a new pin and the bed will be comfortable. The room is basic, no frills but that's part of the reason I use Premier Inns, I don't want to pay for bits I don't want.

But you can get a nice surprise sometimes. In the case of Hayle it's the staff who seem to be trying to win a most helpful receptionist in the country award. They really can't do enough to help and were full of advice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Its very easy to find, its very peaceful, clean and tidy, great value, good food and nice bar.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I'm one of those people who scours through review websites to see if a hotel is good because I'm extremely OCD when it comes to cleanliness and comfort. I did not see many bad reviews at all about the Premier Inn line (it was recommended by my best friend, who knows how picky I am, and I still went to look for reviews), so I held my breath and made a reservation, hoping that this "budget" hotel would not be overrated.

When I arrived with my friend, I was trying to expect less so that I would not be disappointed. My worries were absolutely unfounded. The rooms were well-maintained and very clean. I'm the kind of person that checks the sheets and towels before I touch them and they were practically spotless (well, there was one speck on the sheets and a few specks here and there on the towels, but that's scoring 99 out of 100 already).

The room looked new (I don't know how old this particular Premier Inn was) and we could adjust the room's temperature however we wanted. On top of everything the room was spacious, with enough room for our massive luggages.

I'm very glad that despite all my misgivings, I went ahead and booked this room. Now I don't want to stay anywhere else. The only anomaly (of sorts) we encountered was a random big bug in our room, which could have been brought in by us anyway (we went to walk in the Dunes and near the beach). Also, the lighting is a teeny bit dim and the key was rather large and unwieldy, but these were really really small problems that didn't make our experience any worse at all. All in all, an excellent experience at a great price!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

On arrival to the Hayle Premier Inn, my partner and I found the easy access to the hotel’s car park a relief. We then met the very friendly female receptionist, who informed us of their guaranteed good night's sleep (which we thankfully didn’t have to enforce!) and showed us to a very clean, well kept and modern room. For me this was a great start to our stay in this West Cornwall budget hotel. Though we were visiting friends and family in the area, we were told about all the local amenities, tourists’ events and attractions.

The Brewers Fayre pub next door, which also doubled up as the dinner/breakfast room, offered a wide variety of food and drinks reasonably priced and again more friendly staff. I would say the only issue was being seated for breakfast was a bit long winded but aside from that the staff offered a nice relaxed atmosphere and service.

We will be coming back to the area and most definitely staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I do like Premier Inn because you know what you are going to get, clean room with comfortable bed, ensuite bathroom, television, tea/coffee making facilities, clothes hanging area, controllable heating, hairdryer and somewhere to eat nearby. The only thing I don't like is the pillows which are always too soft or feel like lumpy foam. You can buy wifi access which is handy when you are on business. My room backed on to a field and it was nice and quiet, no noisy road to keep you awake. There was a Brewers Fayre next door, we didn't eat there in the evening as it looked a bit rough and ready and very busy as they had offers like curry and a pint for £6.99. We did eat breakfast at the Brewers Fayre and it was fine but there was only one member of staff serving and she was harassed trying to serve too many tables and couldn't remember if she had taken our order and tried to serve a cooked breakfast to someone who was already eating a cooked breakfast. I like being able to choose the individual components of the cooked breakfast and there was plenty of fruit, toast, yoghurt. The coffee ran out and we did have to wait a while for the pot to be refilled. Overall in terms of value for money it doesn't get much better than this.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

A warm welcome at reception from a lovely lady called joy who couldn't do more to help and reccommend places to visit nearby and where to eat as with all staff we saw couldnt be any more helpful if they tried! A great base to visit the best that cornwall has to offer, immaculate rooms, can't comment on restaurant as did not eat there. Highly recommended and will most certaintly be visiting again soon.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We only stayed one night but this Premier Inn was just the job. Standard PI room but with curved shower rails which prevent 'assgrabbing' shower curtains which I detest. Top marks PI, all other hotels please note. Nice big towels, good breakfast and good advice on local indian restaurant for dinner. Well done PI, all you need now are fridges and safes in the bedrooms to become UK's best hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Hayle? Share your experiences!