“Proper Pasties” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Proper Pasties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice pastry, well seasoned fillings, generous size and reasonably priced. Like cheese and veg best! Great cold but better warm from oven.

Visited September 2012

Bath, United Kingdom
“Not as nice as they used to be .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Still enormous but very bland.under seasoned with two bits of steak put at each end. For a real Cornish try the butchers up the road.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Going Downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

They weigh a ton still and are bigger than any man can handle but the meat content is disappearing! Philps is THE Pasty shop bar none in Cornwall as far as I am concerned but the last couple of visits have seen the meat disappearing!

Visited March 2013
Warsaw
“Massive and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We paid Philps a visit on the way back from St Ives. It was recommended by our host and it was indeed very good and tasty. There is a wide variety of pasties (which probably you can view online) - meat (minced beef/lamb/chicken and veg ones. I had a large pasty with minced beef while my boyfriend had a large pasty with prime beef (steak?). The pasties were superlarge and to my surprise I did not manage to eat the whole pasty myself! My boyfriend preferred my pasty (minced beef), but as I did not try his, I cannot say which one was better. The prices are also very reasonable and much lower than in St Ives (just over £3 for a large one?) and I would definitely go there on the way to/from St Ives again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rushden, United Kingdom
“just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

When we were in Hayle last year,we visited this highly recommended pasty bakers.The place is quite large and can be found on the sharp bend as you pass through Hayle.We had already had a pasty earlier in the day from a bakers in Camborne high st,which to this day was the best one we have all tasted.This however was full of vegetables.We asked for 4 steak pasties and ended up with 2 tiny pieces in each one.They were very filling however but not the best ones as many have stated.

• Visited August 2012