“Very enjoyable afternoon.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Hayle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our course is set in beautiful Cornish countryside just a couple of miles from Hayle. Our course is an 18 hole short course over 10 acres. It is perfect for both adults and children as they don't find it too daunting. We have a lovely little cafe and outside eating area to enjoy local fayre at family friendly prices. Tim and Annette will be happy to make your day an unforgettable experience. Tap in the postcode to bring you to our door or follow signs to Carnell Green and then to Reawla where you will see the brown sign to our Pitch and Putt opposite the shop.
Hayle, England, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable afternoon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had such a great time here,very good exercise a lovely round of golf.
Had a very nice bacon roll and tea which was very nice.
Annette and Tim were very helpful.and very nice folk.
Every where was well tended and lovely and clean,
We will certainly be back for another round of golf and tea and bacon rolls.
Thanking you both.
mr and Mrs Martin.of Hayle. Ps and not expensive very reasonably priced.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Excellent venue for parties.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked stag do with Annette and Tim. Annette couldn't do enough for us. We requested a BBQ after a round on the course, Annette prepared a feast and supplied all of the crockery etc, at a very reasonable price. The afternoon was very successful and I would recommend the place to everyone. Tim and Annette are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them. An activity every family member will enjoy at a very affordable price. We will be returning again soon.

Visited May 2013
Annette B, Owner at Gwinear Pitch & Putt, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, it was a first for us to host a BBQ after you all played golf. The weather was tremendous that day, infact all over the weekend. It was lovely to see you all relaxed and enjoying yourselves. Tim's picket fence helped make our outdoor space more of an area to sit and relax. Good work Tim (hubby).
We look forward to your return and hope that the wedding went well.
Liss, United Kingdom
“Great afternoon at Gwinear Pitch and Putt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Lovely little course (actually a not so little 18 holes). Beautifully maintained amidst lovely, peaceful Cornish countryside. The owners are very friendly and after a very pleasant 2 hours hacking our way around the course, we had a lovely homemade lunch (crab cakes and lasagne). Very reasonable prices to boot! One of the highlights of our holiday and a highly recommended excursion if you are anywhere remotely near Hayle.

Annette B, Owner at Gwinear Pitch & Putt, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you both for your very kind words. You definitely chose the right day to come. Sun shone down all day. I'm glad you appreciated my home cooking as it is incredibly encouraging in these difficult times for small businesses. Sold another jar of my lemon curd today, so I had better make another batch.
East Grinstead, England, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
“Great value outdoor fun, warm welcome and delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've been visiting Hayle for 12 years and my son and I always dragged my husband reluctantly to an alternative pitch and putt in Hayle - usually on the last day of our stay as he had found alternative activities until then! However, last September, we tried here instead, tempting my husband with the good reviews of the food I had seen on TripAdvisor!

Tim and Annette were so welcoming we had a cuppa and homemade cake before setting out for the Pitch and Putt. I am certainly no golfer, my 19 year old has good hand/eye co-ordination and my husband cringes at the very idea! Fed and watered we all ventured out enthusiastically. It was a well maintained interesting course and soon the battle was on between my husband and son and I generated much hysteria with my pathetic attempts. In the end my husband triumphed and we celebrated with more freshly cooked food in the cafe - despite the fact that we were heading to St Ives for our evening meal! Our previous pitch and putt experiences always ended up costing us a fortune in lost balls at the other venue (not just mine!) ending the experience on a downer but the attitude here was that any missing balls would be found eventually so there was no extra charge. How refreshing! Despite drizzle and our golfing inexperience, we had really enjoyed the fresh air, moderate exercise and very warm welcome - approx £20 very well spent (not including the feasting)! We are back in Hayle for Easter and much to our surprise my husband just asked me to check if THIS Pitch & Putt would be open! Certainly worthy of a review! This is a great place to spend a few hours with family and/or friends - experienced golfers or not! This is a little 'out of the way' which is why we hadn't discovered it before but it is well worth the effort to find.

Visited September 2012
Annette B, Owner at Gwinear Pitch & Putt, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Wow, what lovely comments you have all posted. Tim and I thank you all.
We have added some delicious things to our menu this year including a Cumberland stack, consisting of bubble & Squeak Patti with a spiced Cumberland sausage topped with two fried eggs - yum. We also now make homemade American pancakes, crispy bacon drizzled with Maple syrup. Homemade pizzas, cakes, scones etc still available plus, of course, our warm welcome.
Thanks
Annette & Tim
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fantastic coupke who make you so welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Brilliant little village attraction and cafe. Fantastic food and Tim and Annette were absolutley fantastic. A recommendation from us

Visited February 2013