“Wonderful Holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviere Sands Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayle
Riviere Sands Holiday Park
You added Riviere Sands Holiday Park to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Riviere Towans, Hayle TR27 5AX, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Hayle
Poole, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week spent at the above caravan site. We have been here once before and were happy to return after our previous visit . We payed extra to upgrade to a deluxe plus caravan - hoping for a little more comfort, but too be honest it wasn't that better than when we stayed in the normal standard caraven, apart from the fact that the dining table had been set for a 3 course meal, which was a little strange! The parking was difficult as we were told to park beside our caraven door but this was arkward due to the way the caravans were placed.

The caravan was comfy but why oh why can't some one design a sofa in a caravan that is comfy to sit on for more than 10 minutes! We knew from our previous visit that access to the beach wasn't easy so didn't bother using it! Instead we went to other places and beaches. On the whole we had a lovely week (due mainly to the exceptional weather!) and would probably book again.

Room Tip: Take a toaster with you - the caravan only has a gas cooker and it's a real pain making toast us...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Riviere Sands H, Manager at Riviere Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you managed to go out and experience all that Cornwall has to offer. I have passed on all your feedback regarding the style and layout of the caravans to the manufacture, as this is something that they can put forward to new development of new caravans. So I do appreciate your honesty. I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to park outside your caravan if this was reported to us we could have got a member of our team to go up to make sure no other families were parking to obstruct your access. Once again let me thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rivere Sands very soon and again with the lovely sunshine.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I just returned from a wonderful week (1st - 8th June 2013) staying at this site in one of their Deluxe Caravans. The site is small and compact and was a perfect base for our holiday. We were fortunate that the weather was amazing the whole week we stayed and it made lounging by the pool on the very comfy sunbeds a real pleasure. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and genuinely interested if we were having a good holiday. Our grand-kids arrived on the Tuesday and had an amazing time. The Go Live Crew really worked hard to entertain and whilst we didn't stay late each evening we didn't find things too expensive.We were sad to drive away on the Saturday morning and will definitely be back to experience this wonderful part of Cornwall again with the family next year. Well done to everybody at this site, we had a perfect holiday :)

Room Tip: Whilst the caravans were described as deluxe they have obviously been well used and certain things w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Riviere Sands H, Manager at Riviere Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you decided to come down to Cornwall and experience all that we have to offer down here. It is brilliant that when you came we had the glorious sunshine. The sun beds outside the swimming pool are something new to the business so I am pleased to hear our customers are enjoying using them. I have passed on your feedback regarding the team here being friendly, so then all our departments managers can share this success with their team. Once again let me thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rivere Sands very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after a 2 week holiday. Thankyou haven - fantastic. This is our 3rd holiday at riviere and we stayed in prestige. Lovely caravan, very clean, good shower. Our family love this campsite because it is small and friendly. Please dont change anything - perfect the way it is! Reception staff so helpful. We ate at the Bluff inn about 5 times and everything was really good. We are spoiling ourselves next year and staying in seaview platinum - cant wait. The only negative is that the funstar shows not as good this year, all very much the same (spice girls etc). My daughter went to imagine with anxious and compared to other years when they pretended to catch the bus and walk round the room they didnt do any actions and there was no funstar to help them. Wouldnt put me off though - still the best holiday!

• Stayed May 2013
Riviere Sands H, Manager at Riviere Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely holiday and you have done for numerous years. We are constantly looking at ways to improve on our business. Thank you for your feedback about the entertainment, and imagine with anxious. I will pass this on to the entertainments team as this is something that we can put forward for consideration for any future developments. I am pleased to hear that you found all the staff at Riviere sands more than helpful. Once again let me thank you for leaving your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in a deluxe caravan, exceptionally clean and comfortable for what we need, the on site facilities are good, the kids have plenty of activities to do and the site was constantly clean. The bedrooms and shower are tiny & the beds aren't very comfortable but you get used it. The beach is purely amazing, huge, no where near busy probably because there wasn't good access if visiting by car but perfect for residents. The sand is lovely and there are plenty of lifeguards on duty. The evening entertainment is what you would expect, kids games, bingo and singing. The security are very hot on only allowing in residents with passes which is good and during our stay we saw nothing but families making the atmosphere good. There is a on site indoor/outdoor pool......location was perfect, close to Hayle and the lovely St Ives whilst good road networks provided easy access to all places. We would come back again having had a great time although the British weather was disappointing:( but when the sun shone there was no better place to be.

Room Tip: Ask about the newer caravans, they have double glazing and that wd make a difference if it is windy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely holiday and found the park to be very clean and comfortable for yourselves. We are constantly looking at ways to improve on our business so let me thank you for your feedback about the entertainment. I will pass this on to the entertainments team as this is something that we can put forward for consideration for any future developments. I am pleased to hear that you managed to see all that Cornwall has to offer. St Ives is a lovely village. Once again let me thank you for leaving your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hopefully with sunshine this time.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Recently stayed for a 4 night mid-week break.
On arrival the site was very clean and well maintained, the staff were very friendly and welcoming :)
We had upgraded to a deluxe caravan which was very clean, and plenty of room (even with all our baggage and toys for our 6 month old). Everything was modern in the caravan and it had everything we need for our break
Can't really comment on the entertainment as we only really used the caravan as a base while we went for day trips out.
Beach was just a quick walk from the site - the only thing I would say (as others have) it's not easily accessible with a puschair or if you have difficulties walking up and down hills and stairs
The only negative I would say are its a small site (having previously stayed at Devon Cliffs) so the arcades and facilities were not great, but okay
The biggest disappointment was the pool was closed during our stay.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Riviere Sands H, Manager at Riviere Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely holiday and you have done at all our other Haven parks. The deluxe plus caravans are a lot more spacious as they are 12 ft wide caravans, so I am pleased to hear that your child managed to benefit from this space as well with their toys.
Riviere Sands is a smaller park to Devon Cliffs. At Riviere Sands we only have 310 caravans so does come across quieter at times. I am really sorry that the swimming pool was closed when you were on holiday with us. This was something out of our control and we did try everything we could to get it back up and running. As a result of this we did put on a variety of free activities and offered the use of our swimming pool at our sister park Perran Sands.
Overall I am really happy to hear that you and your family had a fantastic holiday with us, and let me thank you for leaving your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for a four night mid-week break as part of a newspaper offer, we do not take advantage of the park facilities we more use it as a base to explore the area, so I can only comment on the caravan and location. We have yet to be disappointed in any of the Haven sites we've visited, we never upgrade, rather wait to see our caravan and always say we'll upgrade if necessary - we never have!! The caravan was clean and well equipped and although my husband was a little concerned about the noise due to our location this never bothered us. The park is in a gorgeous part of the country a short stroll down to the beach and a short drive to many other must see places, ie St Ives, Lands End. The only critism I would have is that the park isn't very well signposted, unusual for a haven site.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely holiday and you have done at all our other Haven parks. We are constantly looking at ways to improve on our business. So thank you for your feedback about signage. This is something that we can put forward for consideration for any future developments. I am pleased to hear you managed to go to St Ives it is a lovely place to visit as well as Lands End which is the furthest point in Cornwall with stunning views. Once again let me thank you for leaving your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Megan Palmer
The-Real-Sassie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived very late on our first day and our keys were left with the Security Man who was very polite and helpful. However, our accomodation was not what we had booked (last November) and returned to the Reception the folowing morning to find the Receptionist insisting the 'van we had been allocated was in fact a Prestige and that the pictures on the website are only a representation of what Haven describe each level of accomodation.

Not wanting to drive another 350 miles back home that day we agreed on another caravan which although we still didn't feel was correct, was better than the one we had originally been given.

Once we had sorted our accomodation, we were able to start our holiday proper and paid visits to St. Ives which if you travel by the Branch Line from either St. Erth or Lelant Saltings will find it a wonderful experience and see the Towans and the Estuary from a completely different view. On our travels we also visited Tintagel Castle and the Town and also the amazing restoration of Boscastle after the devasting floods nine years ago.

The Highlight of our stay was the much anticipated show by Midge Ure at The Minnack Theatre near Porthcurno. Even if you don't get to see a show there you can go during the day to see this amazing spectacle built by Rowena Cade from the 1930's until the early 80's with the help of her gardener and his mate.

Even though the May weather wasn't up to scratch, we still enjoyed walks around the Towans, along the George V Memorial Walk and up to the Godrevy Lighthouse.

Still the underlying 'problem?' with Cornwall as a whole is the parking charges so its worth having a 'parking budget' to cover otherwise you will miss out on some great experiences.

I know it sounds like we had a bit of a bad time but we didn't let our initial disapppointment spoil our time in this wonderful county.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a seaview as not only do you get the amazing views but it s a bit quieter away from th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you managed to experience all that Cornwall has to offer. I am pleased to hear that once we moved you to an alternative grade of accommodation you were able to continue enjoying your holiday with us. The pictures on the haven website and brochure are as you said for representation purposes only. As we have a variety of different makes and models of caravans it would be very hard to include all of these on the website. It was a real shame the weather hasn’t been very nice through May this is something we do not usually expect for this time of year, by the sounds of it though you didn’t let this stop you sightseeing which is fantastic to hear.
Once again let me thank you for leaving your feedback and this is something that we can put forward for consideration for any future developments.

Megan

Been to Riviere Sands Holiday Park? Share your experiences!