“Always a treat......” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Always a treat......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This superb hotel continues to suffer from low occupancy. The best efforts of some very committed and conscientious staff will be futile unless allied to an effective and relevant marketing strategy for the business. I sincerely hope this can be achieved as I for one enjoy very much staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Llawnroc022, D.Wadsworth-Manager at The Llawnroc Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us. We are also currently implementing a new marketing strategy. We hope to welcome you back for your third stay with us soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Penryn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I surprised my partner with a meal and night away, all i can say is fantastic hotel, the decor, food, location all spot on, the one thing that stood out for us, were the staff, very friendly welcome and service at all times, a big thank you to natasha, made our stay. we will be back.

Room Tip: room 8, sea view and fab.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. The team thrive on delivering exceptional service to all our guests, it is fantastic to know they are doing such a great job. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived back from our 2nd visit to Llawnroc & it was fantastic! We took advantage if the PL or TR postcode deal & took are 2 children. Fantastic room, amazing evening meal. Can't wait to go back for a 3rd time!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Llawnroc022, D.Wadsworth-Manager at The Llawnroc Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your second stay with us and took advantage of our TR and PL offer. We all look forward to seeing you for stay number three!!
LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is excellent. The room was very nicely furnished and a great size. We had a suite but I understand the standard rooms here are on the large size too. There was also a balcony which had a sea view so that was nice in the morning. We had a breakfast rate and opted to have it delivered to the room every morning. The staff are really friendly , excellent even. It is true that they are rushed off their feet in the evening dinner service but I didn't mind waiting a little longer and I am sure they will rectify that. Special mention for 'Nicky' who was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would return.
Gorran Haven was also a really nice retreat type village.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of having breakfast delivered to your room. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff, they all work exceptionally hard to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable time and your comments show they are doing a wonderful job.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a great Hotel, the staff were excellent. Rooms are excellent also. If you need a base to discover Cornwall this is the place to be. However if you are wanting one place to be there is not much more here except the local post office and chipshop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are all pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are in a perfect spot to explore Cornwall and although the un-spoilt village of Gorran Haven may not be for everyone, the beaches are beautiful and there are some spectacular views to be had from the costal paths. We hope you choose to stay with us again when you next visit Cornwall.
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friend at work had no hesitation in recommending the Llawnroc when, in conversation, I mentioned I was looking for somewhere to take my wife to celebrate ten years together. He had me in something of a state with his tales of the excellent breakfasts and well appointed Room 8 so I booked without hesitation being offered a deal of £250 per night with evening meal thrown in. Expensive, but it's not every day I get to compensate my wife for spending ten years with me...

The first day's afternoon we spent in the bar area doing things that three little boys under six ban me from doing; relaxing, reading the paper and chatting to wifey. Dinner that evening was lovely, service excellent and we retired to our room overlooking the welcome letter to the hotel addressed to someone else, the slow draining basin and the short bed.

Looking forward to breakfast I leapt from bed and rushed downstairs to be met by.... a 'continental' breakfast which us stout English types know is a euphemism for a crap breakfast. And crap it was. Well done toast, yoghurts and a choice of chocolate based cereals wasn't the smoked haddock fable my mate had regaled me with. No-one had informed us that due to a quiet, off-season period the breakfast's quality had been pared back. Still, we kept our counsel and ventured out for the day.

Dinner that evening was a vastly different experience service wise in that it was very poor but quite familiar menu wise as it was largely the same but with the more quality high end items missing and available to non-resident diners for mere £16 a pop for three courses. We sat down at half seven, ordered scallops for starters only to be told that these had already ran out. How many were ordered in? Two? Service was friendly but intermittent and chaotic with our table not completely laid up with required items and a request for water being met with a plastic jug that contained around 500 litres being plonked on the table. Consequently I had fish and chips (which were lovely) on both nights. The cheesecake dessert was divine and had my heart worried with every mouthful.

We fully expected a non stop stream of luxury but we met with tasters of what could've been. To be fair the duty manager was understanding and allowed us a discount that was in excess of the 25% being offered to those booking late and which was more reflective of our experience.

Should I be in a conversation relating to anniversary celebrations, I'll think twice before leaving myself feeling the same way my friend felt this morning when he asked how my weekend was.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are all sorry to hear that your stay with us did not match your expectations. We always aim to deliver exceptional service and although things were not to your satisfaction this time, I am sure if you choose to visit again we can more than meet your requirements.
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Tucked away yet easy to find and not too big. What a lovely surprise from my partner to bring me here for a valentines treat. The location is a few minutes from the beach and it was very pleasant to have a walk around the village. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with mod cons a plenty. Dinner was proper lush and the service was amazing. The bar is hotel prices but they serve lovely cold rattler cider which is my boyfriends fave. There was a valentines parcel in the room which included chocolate body paint, yes truly... The breakfast in bed with proper tea and homemade granola was yum and arrived dead on time. Loved the sea view and I can imagine the patio would be splendid in the summer. Lots to see and do a short drive or coastal walk away. Thanks to the staff especially the ladies at dinner but all marvellous. I could go on but what I've missed I'm sure others haven't.

Room Tip: Car park or view, pay a bit extra if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Llawnroc022, D.Wadsworth-Manager at The Llawnroc Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased you enjoyed you surprise valentine break with us, and all the goodies in our valentine parcel. Thank you for the really kind comments regarding the staff, all of whom are thrilled you had such a great stay. You will have to come back in the summer and try the cider on the patio, watching the sun go down.

Been to The Llawnroc Hotel? Share your experiences!