“Leslie H Fantastic meal and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Vegetarian, Pub, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Market Rasen
“Leslie H Fantastic meal and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was my birthday meal and i picked The Masons Arms because we visited the same venue at the same time last year and were pleasantly impressed.Cannot fault this pub certainly will return.

• Visited October 2013

Seaford, United Kingdom
“Great Friendly pub, Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am a bit late writing this review but feel I must.
We were on tour in our motor home and on a site about 20min' walk from town. The site warden told us about the pub and that it was dog friendly, having a Golden Retriever, this was a plus. We called ahead to make a booking which we were advised to do...good call!!. The greeting was warm and very friendly, the atmosphere warm and lively. I had locally sourced pork chops (2) in cider and apple sauce. 2 huge chops and so delicious! My wife had Italian fish stew which she loved! We enjoyed the whole experience so much, we booked for the next evening.
Just as we arrived, the weather turned nasty, grey and rainy. I ordered home made steak n ale pie, really lovely and my wife had roasted hake with cream and mussel sauce, really fantastic meals. During the evening we had some lively banter with the locals and staff, had a laugh, great atmosphere! Jo, who owns the place came over and asked if we had walked from the camp site, which we had. She said its filthy weather and when we were ready to leave she would give us a lift back!! Also, if she got too busy, she would get us a lift!! This she did for which we were really grateful. Also, before leaving, she presented me with a souvenir glass with the name of the local beer on it!!
I can't praise this pub highly enough and the staff. I can say with some authority, they can show some of the big concerns both pub and restaurants a thing or two of how it should be done!! Jo and staff, many many thanks for a terrific experience, can't wait to return next year only for longer!!! Peter and Maddie

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We turned up without a booking on a Saturday evening. The landlady quipped that if we hadn't been seated by midnight to let her know! We had just a short wait with a drink. Our meal was superb. I had an excellent fish stew and my husband had a very nicely cooked fillet. And we are fussy diners! The atmosphere was lively and the landlady was a hoot and we shall certainly go back for both the quality of the food and the company.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South West England, United Kingdom
“Lovely eclectic pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The pub is a strange mix , Jo and Nigel run the pub luckily at separate times. Wendy is the cook and the meals are always tasty and hearty.
I have often had to wait to get a table even if it is booked but unless you are starving it is all part of the entertainment as Jo runs around trying to get five things done at once and achieving none.
Of the pubs in the area it is the one I would recommend and it has it's no1 camelford status for a reason. It may take a little time but when the food arrives you will be glad you chose to eat there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Diss, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and unique atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We ate here for my birthday whilst on holiday close by. The pub is very interesting, on the right are the locals with pool table etc. and on the left 8 dining tables. Amongst the tables and the bar is the biggest collection of kitsch I have ever seen. The atmosphere is great and the landlady, Jo, made us feel welcome as soon as we walked through the door. We ate here twice and never bothered to look at the menus as there was so much interesting food on the specials boards (there are several of them). The whole sea bass was so fresh. We also had some of the best (home made) profiteroles we have ever tasted. We would highly recommend this dog friendly pub. We had booked for both visits and were really pleased that we had as it was very busy.