“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Truro, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a fantastic meal looks a bit off putting on the out side but it is the best curry we ever had & you can take your own booze how fantastic is that....give it a go.you know you want to.

Visited November 2012

“Poor throughout.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Having driven 5 hrs to Camborne we decided to have a takeaway. Indian was the weapon of choice and what a mistake that was.
After waiting 1hr 20 for our food to arrive. ( 5 min down the road) the order arrived incomplete. We phoned them back to explain and they sent the driver back. 10 mins or so later.
When he arrive he thrust the bag in my hand and said "they( the restaurant) are blaming me and it's not my fault" and off he went. No appology at all.
The food was Luke warm and bland. No hint of spice and the peshwari naan lacked any 'peshwari' was a real let down. NEVER Again!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Truro, United Kingdom
“BEST IN THE WEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

An outstanding BALTI resaurant , run my outstanding staff , simply the best indian restuarant around with some stunning choices.
All food is ccoked from fresh , served hot and quickly.
The choices are amazing with some stunning dishes available, and helpfull staff will help you decide if unsure of flavours and strengths etc .

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Nice little restauraunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Visited for an evening meal in July '12 with two bussiness colleagues.

We vivited on a Wednesday evening and were the only guests, so naturally the service was excellent, as we were the focus of attention. The restauraunt is nicley decked out - nothing outlandish but pleasant enough.

We asked about the lack of drinks licence and sure enough there wasn't one. However they were more than happy for us to bring a six pack of lager in with us with no corkage charges or anything.

The food was very bice - prompt, hot and of a nice quality.

All in all nothing to disslike - not the most atmospheric eaterie but on a Wednesday night that would be difficult anway. Would certainly return.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
helston
“Nowhere near as good as these reviews suggest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Reading the reviews of this establishment had me checking to see if we were all talking about the same restaurant!
My wife and I live within 8 miles of this place and we have visited it once and attempted to order a takeaway once.... I say 'attempted' because when I asked the guy on the phone how much my order came to it was so incredibly expensive that I actually changed my mind over the phone and cancelled the entire order.
I cannot recall ever having to do that before ever!....the truth is we could have gone for a sit-down meal at any number of restaurants for less money than they were wanting for a takeaway.
On the one occasion we visited the restaurant it was at some friends invitation so decided to go with an open mind safe in the knowledge our friends were picking up the bill, we were naturally hesitant to criticise and risk spoiling our friends celebration but privately im afraid the whole evening was mediochre at best. Uninspiring, same old, same old, Indian dishes which were a bit tepid in temperature plus friendly enough, but rather slow service and once again way too expensive for what was on offer.
Overall a very underwhelming experience and no drinks licence either.
My advice would be dont waste your time and certainly not your money.

• Visited May 2012