“Champagne and lobster evening” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Champagne and lobster evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just want to thank Sharon Dave and their team especially Jenny the chef.
Amazing Food . From start to finish, wonderful company. Recommend one of there Themed nights .

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cornwall U.K.
“A belated Christmas treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had eaten here before but not for a number of years. This visit came courtesy of a generous voucher from our niece and her husband at Christmas.
It was reassuring to find that nothing had changed since our last visit. Nice ambience, as before, and attentive staff, though possibly service was a tad too leisurely for us.
The food was very nice indeed - tasty and good portion size for a restaurant of this type. We had a couple of glasses of what seemed to be the house wines (red and white) and these went down a treat. They were also sensibly priced but splashing out on better/nicer vintages is also possible.
Our only quibble about the food was with the dessert - prune and almond tart - which sounded great on paper but was ever so slightly disappointing.
I also need to comment on the background music in the restaurant which, to my taste, was truly execrable (jazz - ugh!). In fairness this didn't appear to bother anyone else but for once I found myself yearning for nondescript muzak, something I never thought I'd hear myself say.
This aside, we had a lovely evening and, once again, our thanks to Heather and Chris who made our visit possible, sort of!

• Visited February 2014
Cornwall,UK
“Excellent party meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We ate here in December as part of a large party for a work do. These type of evenings can vary immensely and my expectations weren't too high. But this is one of the best of these type of 'fixed party' meals i've had. The food was very good and well above what I expected for a party night. The roast beef was actually a very good steak which was a bonus. Plenty of veg,all well cooked.
Service was efficient and suitably spaced courses meant the evening flew by.
The dining room was pleasant and the whole evening went well.
I quite fancy returning for a 'normal 'meal as I would imagine it will be very ,very good based on this experience.

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Staff at the restaurant were very attentive and friendly. The restaurant itself was very cosy and intimate. The food was nice but did not really justify the price it cost.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
towcester
“Birthday visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellent stay. Met by David the owner on arrival. Upgraded to a suite on arrival. Staff friendly and helpful. Food excellent. All in all a pleasant stay. Will be returning.