I recently stayed in Boscastle during a walking holiday in Cornwall. Despite apparently having a 'breakfast award' from VisitBritain, The Riverside breakfast was the same as what is offered at any reasonable B&B or hotel. However, the staff were completely inflexible and unfriendly when it came to ordering something a bit different from the set items they offer for breakfast, whereas other hotels accommodate their guests.
The evening meal we had in the restaurant was OK, but expensive for what we got.
Our room had been incompletely renovated, with extremely old rotting wooden windows that rattled with the slightest of breezes, wallpaper hanging from the wall and a strange hole in the wall next to the door.
The bathroom had only a small shelf for requisites, and the shower nothing at all, which made it awkward when washing.
- Also Known As:
- The Riverside Hotel
- The Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- The Riverside Boscastle, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside is situated in Boscastle, one of the most picturesque parts of North Cornwall. Located in the South West of England, Boscastle and its surrounding area are internationally recognised for their outstanding scenic beauty.Nestled in a secluded valley close to the harbour of Boscastle, The Riverside is open all year round. We have thirteen bedrooms catering for walkers, cyclists, day trippers or holiday breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Queensborough Group so you can book your The Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.