“Breathe Of Fresh Air” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 94 Restaurants in Wembley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We're probably the only Italian restaurant in Wembley. 1 min walk to the stadium & arena. A trial will convince you.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Breathe Of Fresh Air”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

A friend and I ate in your fantastic restaurant near Wembley Stadium last Friday November 15th 2013. The service was amazing and we felt very welcome immediately on entering the premises. A young lady took us to our table and was very polite and helpful. The food was by far the highest quality Italian food I have ever tasted. I had the Soup special for a starter which was fantastic, followed by Carbonara which was once again a total delight. Again the service was fantastic. The restaurant staff were all very friendly, welcoming and I look forwards to my next visit to the area, as we shall be stopping by. Well done to all at Mushroom Italian. James

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly totally delighted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant, without a reservation, the Day of Roger Waters "The Wall".

When we walked in, it was about a third full. Within half an hour, it was "rammed".

The staff were calm, the menu excellent, wine list basic but all the favourites are there!

Anyway, the Sauvignon Blanc (Italian) was cold and excellent.

The food was superb. But the main asset of this restaurant is..........

IT'S STAFF!!!

Superb.

Would go back like a shot. All the food looked excellent.

Just go...........but book if you can. You might be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wigan
“Disappointing meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited Mushroom on the day of the Challenge Cup final. The restaurant was quite busy but we were taken to a table immediately. Service was good. We ordered Minestrone soup and breaded mushrooms to start. Both were good and we awaited our mains with eager anticipation. I ordered Pollo parmigiana. This was a chicken breast topped with melanzane alla parmigiana. The chicken was served as a whole breast which would have benefitted from being butterflied as it ended up dry. The tomato sauce was a little watery and only the aubergine and Mozzarella really worked. Overall this was good but not memorable. My wife ordered Bistecca Diana which was described as sirloin steak with mushrooms, cream , onions and brandy. Joanne asked for well done and was amazed when it arrived medium rare. The staff took it away without any fuss and returned some time later. This time it arrived medium but seemed not to have been rested and was very chewy and poorly seasoned and did not look like any sirloin we had anywhere else. Joanne left her meal and the waiter offered another replacement. Joanne decided to abandon mains and went to dessert which was a really nice lemon cheesecake. The bill arrived and the steak had been removed from the bill without any problem. Overall barring the steak the meal was adequate. However it is difficult to recommend a restaurant that cannot deliver a steak cooked to a customer's requirement. My son had a perfectly good pizza and we may just have been unlucky with Joanne's main . I don't think we will be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Italian comes to Wembley!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I were both shocked and intrigued to see an Italian restaurant in Wembley, as I can’t recall there ever being one. So we thought lets give this one a shot. We went on a Thursday for dinner and the restaurant was empty, so alarm bells started ringing. We just thought that we are here now so might as well try it. It was also on the tatsecard so we knew we would be getting 50% off the food. The waiter was quite introverted and came across shy he was the only one in the restaurant. I was craving a pizza but when I saw that they had pineapple on one of their pizzas and found out that they had a stone oven, I thought better of it. So for starters we got the melon and Parma ham to share and the home made focaccia bread. Both very nice. For mains I ordered the prawns strangely served with roast potatoes. However, the garlic butter sauce was divine and the prawns were cooked to perfection. I would have licked a finger bowl and an extra plate to place the shell and wash my hands! My friend ordered the chicken Milanese served with spaghetti in an arrabiata sauce. He said he enjoyed it and the chicken was cooked perfectly, we didn’t go for desserts as they ran out of the ones we wanted. Overall the food was good, not the best Italian but still good and as it is so local to me I will definitely give it another shot. The service was a bit slow (bearing in mind there was only one other table after we had arrived) but it was friendly and to the point. Overall not a bad restaurant and I’m glad it’s on my doorstep, I wouldn’t go out of my way to go here though.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food at a good price and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Just what we needed before seeing Robbie Williams in concert , good tasty food with friendly quick service !!

• Visited July 2013