“It's like ordering a BMW, paying for a BMW and getting a Mondeo” 3 of 5 stars

Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wembley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midlands
“It's like ordering a BMW, paying for a BMW and getting a Mondeo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Not that there's anything wrong with a Mondeo, they're very nice cars but I guess what I'm trying to say is that this hotel is overpriced for what you get. Firstly I found it really difficult to find, considering the size of the hotel I'd expect it to be lit up like a beacon next to Wembley but in fact it's tucked away down a little side road. As I was driving there at night and the Sat Nav didn't recognise the postcode I was relying on just being able to spot it as I arrived. I had to stop and ask a policeman and then had the cheek to pop into the Ibis around the corner and ask for directions (incidentally the receptionist at the Ibis was very helpful - maybe I'll stay there next time). The road was closed off as there was an event on at Wembley Arena so by the time I arrived I drove past the car park which isn't clearly signed had to go into the hotel reception and then back in the car to park up. The receptionist was quite surly, not particularly friendly however check in was what I would describe as efficient. I checked into my room, which for a standard room was very nice and spacious. I ordered room service which arrived in about 30 minutes. The crab and avocado tian was tasteless and at £13 was overpriced. Having said that the fries were lovely but again £4!! not to mention the £5 service charge so I can only sum it up as a £22 disappointment. Now I have mentioned that there was an event on at the Arena - The Red Bull Urban Clash which was basically some of the UK's best DJ's playing to the kids. The Bass coming from the Arena was on a scale I can't even describe and and when I finally decided there was no way I could put up with Tim "the big dog" Westwood keeping me up until midnight I went to reception and asked if i could move rooms. To the [different] receptionists credit she did this without any problem. I do have to say that the pillows at the Hilton are the best I've ever slept on and I did end up getting a wonderful nights sleep. A couple of niggles are that you have to pay for internet unless you are a Hilton Honours Gold or Diamond member and the biscuits are a bit rubbish!! I guess that this Hilton is like most Hilton's and a bit like a company car. You'd probably spend the companies money on it and not bat an eyelid but if it was your own hard earned cash you'd probably come away feeling a little cheated. Not good, not bad, would I come back probably not. There's a new Park Inn being built just around the corner and I think this could be a good alternative.

Room Tip: If there's an event on at the Arena ask them to put you at the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback.

I am sorry that you struggled a little in locating the hotel and then to find that Empire Way was closed due to some filming taking place. Please be advised that the filming shoot was a one off. If you are are coming here in the evenings the hotel name is lit up. We are looking to have further signs put in place around the area, directing guests to the hotel.

You will find that our prices are inline with the London Hotel pricing and apologies that you felt otherwise.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their internet charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and not something that we can reduce or increase at our own free will.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
NW UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed her one night as working in area. The hotel advises car park next door and it is but it is not signed as being the Hilton hotel car park. It had a sign "W park or something similar. It was the right park though. If you have heavy bags use the turn around at the hotel before parking. saves dragging your bags along the street. Check-in was good and efficient, rooms are large and well equipped. I had food and drinks in the bar on the third floor. Quite bust as there was something on at Wembley but overall it was good service and food. The door to the terrace kept being left open which meant it was a drafty experience and V cold sometimes. The staff kept closing the door but guests were going outside for a smoke so the door was often left open. This is an obvious place for an automatic door to be installed, it would probably pay for itself in saved heating costs and disgruntled guests in a few weeks. Breakfast was very good and the sausages were the best I have had in a chain hotel for years. I have previously used the Holiday inn close by this hotel but the Hilton is much better and similar prices at the moment. I will use again when in area.

Room Tip: I was on the 5t floor overlooking the stadium. They all look similar unless you pay a premium.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for choosing to stay with us.

There is a car park near the hotel called the Gold Car Park. This car park is the closest to the hotel, its not owned by the hotel therefore its not signed as a "Hilton" car park.

Overall I am pleased that your stay was a comfortable andan enjoyable one and thank you for recommending us, as a place to stay in Wembley. Rest assured I have taken on board your comments about the doors in Icons Bar.

Once again, thank you so much for your time and feedback, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Wishes,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here with a friend as we had tickets for a concert at the areana and dsint want the long journey home late at night.
It was ideal as it is located only a few steps from the door to the areana.
Our twin room was very clean and nicely decorated and the bathroom was veey bright and spacious.
Other than a slight plumbing problem i would certainly recommend thia for an overnight stay.
If you want cheap breakfast there is a McDonalds on the way back towards Wembley Park Tube station.

Room Tip: Our room was quite a trek from the lifts but verey quiet so we are not complaining
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your feedback with everyone.

We are very fortunate to be located next door to the Wembley Arena and I am glad that our location worked well for your evening at the Concert.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location!

I looked it very last minute for a business trip, it was £140 for a triple room , breakfast included

Rooms we lovely, clean and well kept with all the latest mod cons,

When we did arrive they couldn't find us on the system the staff were very helpful and did find us a room , but after waiting for 30 mins and then given a double room it did start to get frustrating !! All was fine in the end

The breakfast was of a very high standard and we very much enjoyed it

Would recommend

Xx

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I was pleased to learn that you found our hotel beautiful and in a perfect location. We are privileged to be in the perfect location for events at Wembley Arena and Stadium and also central London with connections in under 15minutes.

I was happy that you left the hotel with a memorable experience, thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in the Hilton Wembley on the 2nd and 3rd November 2012 and it was absolutely perfect!

We used a third party company to book the hotel which meant we got a deal, but it was so cheap for the level of service we received! The hotel is pristine clean and modern exterior and interior. All staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is sooooo tasty with a choice of literally ANYTHING you could think of for breakfast.

As for the location, there is Wembley Park station a 5-10 minute walk away which is really close, and ideal for anyone wanting to visit central London, the Jubilee Line will take you straight there! We loved it as we had booked the London Dungeons, so we could get there quickly and easily.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Central London or visiting for an event at Wembley Stadium, the stadium is right on your doorstep!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review, we really appreciate it.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms and facilities to be excellent. We are extremely proud of the facilities and product we offer and are always thrilled to know our guests feel the same.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience and recommending us a hotel to stay. We very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes

Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I really liked this hotel, very clean and modern rooms. It was the perfect location for Wembley Arena or Stadium. The only thing that let it down was the service in both the bar and the restaurant. We visited the bar quite late in the evening and it was very quiet, with just a few other people in the bar, none of whom were waiting to be served. Why then i asked myself did it take 15 mintues to make my cocktail??? It was reminded me of the scene in the film Love Actually where Rowan Atkinson wraps up the gift in the department scene. And then the next day during our event at Wembley Arena we popped back to the hotel for lunch, which was probably a quarter full, but the staff seemed unable to cope, they seemed to be dashing about doing absolutely nothing, everyone was waiting to be served, it took 20 mintues just to get our drinks and waited even longer for our food and had to ask for the bill as soon as it arrived as we were so short on time and were actually late back. Having said this, it would not stop me staying in the hotel again as other than the service it was great, i would maybe just not order anything too complicated :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write this review following on from your stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you really liked our hotel and found it perfect in location.

Your feedback has been taken on board which I have shared with my Food & Beverage Team. Its only from receiving feedback such as yours that we can improve and deliver the correct level of service our guests would expect.

Thank you once again and for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Porvoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The perfect spot for visiting Wembley. Went ther for the international series in NFL, stayed for 3 nights. Good location, great room, clean and tidy, Hmm, of course it is, the hotel is new built and it opened in july 2012. Nice pool and exercise area, for us scandinavians the sauna was just perfect. Good, healthy breakfast with loads of stuff to choose from. The preordered room service though was a disappointment; made an order for 9pm and the pizzas arrived 9.50pm...and without any apoligizes. And a very confusing automated minibar service, makes me wonder...Next thing to complain is the internet service; horribly 15 pounds for a day. OMG ! When I told the lady in the reception that in scandinavia we are used ti have free wifi in the rooms she just laughed and said that you have a better life up there :-)
We´ll be back next year again for the international series on Wembley and this is our HOTEL, for sure !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your feedback with everyone.

Really pleased that you found the location of the hotel perfect being a stone/s throw away from the Stadium and that you also enjoyed the breakfast and facilitiies in our Health Club.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced a slight delay with your room service order which I will follow up on.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their internet charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and not something that we can reduce or increase of our own free will.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Best Wishes,

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton London Wembley? Share your experiences!