“Good Hotel, Good Location, Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London Wembley

You added Ibis London Wembley to your Saves list
Ibis London Wembley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Way | Opposite Wembley Stadium Station, Wembley HA9 6BA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wembley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Ibis hotel,Wembley on more than one occasion.It is very well situated and very good value for money. There is a very pleasant bar on the ground floor which serves snacks 24 hours a day,and a restaurant on the mezzanine level for breakfast and dinner.The Wi fi charges are currently very high but I understand that this will soon change

Room Tip: Room on a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Raman Julka.
Ilkley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel on Sunday 24th February. We were allowed to check- in at 12.00 midday by a very friendly and extremely efficient receptionist which was great because we were going to the Capital One cup final in the afternoon.
The bedroom was spotless very modern and with a compact bathroom. The bed was very comfortable with lovely cotton bed linen.
Everything about the hotel and our stay was fantastic until ...........

We went to the restaurant for a meal at 19.30 as we had seen the menu and thought there was a good selection to choose from. The waitress who took are order advised us there was either fish & chips or pizza no other food was available. We were a bit surprised at the lack of choice but as we did not want to go out we opted for the fish & chips. When the food arrived my daughter who hadn't seen us order actually asked what we were eating (the meal did not resemble fish & chips as we know them) They tasted disgusting after a couple of bites we decided they were uneatable and told the waitress, she said she was really sorry and did we want something else i.e. pizza we declined. We expected to be offered a refund but we weren't
I have given the hotel excellent because it was and fully recommend it but stay clear of the food it did not even hit the fit for human consumption mark.

Room Tip: High up is good excellent views of surrounding areas.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. However we note your comment about the food and are investigating the matter. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our stay in Ibis Wembley was on the whole, very good. The room was clean and the beds comfortable, however the single bed that my son slept in had a shelf directly above it - we were concerned that he might bang his head if he sat up too fast!! The room could also use some refurbishment.

The television remote was very hard to use - it initially was missing a battery although this problem was solved straight away by helpful staff when I rang down to reception. The buttons on the remote were tempremental and sometimes didn't work.

When we arrived at the hotel, the lady that we dealt with on reception was very approachable, chatty and helpful. She answered all of our questions about our stay and parking and directed us clearly to where we needed to go.

The hotel was cheap and in a prime location, it suited our needs exactly. If we were to visit London again, we would definitely use 'Ibis' again.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location across the road from wembley stadium and the train station. The rooms were small and basic and needed minor repairs, tea and coffee making facilities were available in each room. Internet access you had to pay for and also parking was £10 a day which wasn't advertised on the booking and is a small distance away. Also the hotel has building work right next door and opposite the hotel which also isn't advertised on the website and this woke us all up at 8am everyday and we were on the 8th floor so it's very loud. Other than that the hallways were cluttered with hoovers and things the rooms were cleaned everyday and beds made. Snacks were available through room service and the bar on the ground floor but were quite pricey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Raman Julka.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start by saying if your attending an event at either Wembley Stadium, or Wembley Arena - location wise... You can't beat this place.
After staying here on two previous occasions & having a 'reasonable stay' I decided to stay here again on Feb 16th 2013 - for the UFC event at Wembley Arena. For the price of a little over £62.00 - I felt I couldn't go wrong.
Check-in was quick, smooth & adequate. I quickly un-packed my bag, & met up with friends in the hotel bar.
It wasn't till after arriving back into my room later that evening that my night of woes began. I pulled back the duvet & was shocked by what I saw. The bedding was stained with either dried phlegm, or worse. It was disgusting. There was no way on earth I was ever going to even attempt to sleep in that dirty bed. It was around 1.50am when I went down to the reception area. I explained my problem & showed them photos I had taken on my phone. of what I had discovered. The reception desk person tried to help by offering me another room - which in normal circumstances would have been ok. However, at nearly 2.00am in the morning, & being very tired... I didn't really want to have to pack up a room, & then unpack it all again in another room. If they had let me keep my possessions where they were, & simply sleep in another room would have been ok - but that wasn't offered. They explained that someone would come up to my room shortly & address the problem. After waiting around 10 minutes, a man appeared at my door with fresh sheets etc. he seemed to want to just pass them to me. I explained that I wasn't prepared to make the bed. He replied that "it's not my job - I am security". I then stated that "If its not your job - you better find someone who's job it is!". He then proceeded to make the bed. As he was making the bed I casually, calmly, & politely asked him "Do you think this is acceptable? Do you think I should pay for this room." To which he rolled his eyes & head back in a rude gesture kind of way. I asked him why he had made such a gesture, & what he had meant by this - he ignored me. I asked again - at which point he aggressively stated, whilst grabbing his badge "This is NOT my job I am security". This was totally un-called for & over the top. I've sent a photo in to the hotel, & am currently trying to send a video of the incident in to the hotel - to back up my views. The hotel have replied that the reason for the security guys rudeness was because he was tired after coming up the stairs - and seems to imply that I have mistaken his rudeness for tiredness. No the man was simply rude, & verbally aggressive when I asked a simple, fair, & reasonable question. There was no excuse for it.
I've tried to deal with this privately with the hotel - but instead of a explanation of why this shoddy cleanliness & staff attitude happened... Yet alone an apology... They've merely refuted my claim/statement & made poor excuses (security guard was tired after coming up to a 1st floor room & I had been mistaken) .
The hotel has a policy of sorting things to your satisfaction within 15 minutes - or the room is on us type of promotion. My situation took around 30 minutes to resolve. They claim they don't or won't give me a refund because an alternative room was offered. Just consider this... After a long hard (but fun) day, & at 2.00am in the morning... Would you pack up & unpack to another room at such an hour? That's not a fair, or reasonable offer - something you'd expect a customer guest to do. This isn't about getting a refund - I'm lucky that I don't actually need the £62.00 back. I'm just annoyed & dismayed that no real apology has been made, no explanation has been offered.
I & my friends will never stop at this hotel again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A good view of Wembley Stadium from our 11th floor room.
Very close to Wembley Stadium rail station- 2 trains an hour to Marylebone. (can use with underground day ticket)
A bit of a walk (10/15 mins) to tube at Wembley Park.
A quiet room, Had a good night sleep.
12o clock check in and check out was very useful.
£10 a day car parking nearby.
Tesco Express nearby.
Not expensive if you book at the right time. We had 3 rooms for £130 total in February half term weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

Been to Ibis London Wembley? Share your experiences!