“Dirty Bed - Rude Security” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London Wembley

You added Ibis London Wembley to your Saves list
Ibis London Wembley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Way | Opposite Wembley Stadium Station, Wembley HA9 6BA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wembley
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Dirty Bed - Rude Security”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start by saying if your attending an event at either Wembley Stadium, or Wembley Arena - location wise... You can't beat this place.
After staying here on two previous occasions & having a 'reasonable stay' I decided to stay here again on Feb 16th 2013 - for the UFC event at Wembley Arena. For the price of a little over £62.00 - I felt I couldn't go wrong.
Check-in was quick, smooth & adequate. I quickly un-packed my bag, & met up with friends in the hotel bar.
It wasn't till after arriving back into my room later that evening that my night of woes began. I pulled back the duvet & was shocked by what I saw. The bedding was stained with either dried phlegm, or worse. It was disgusting. There was no way on earth I was ever going to even attempt to sleep in that dirty bed. It was around 1.50am when I went down to the reception area. I explained my problem & showed them photos I had taken on my phone. of what I had discovered. The reception desk person tried to help by offering me another room - which in normal circumstances would have been ok. However, at nearly 2.00am in the morning, & being very tired... I didn't really want to have to pack up a room, & then unpack it all again in another room. If they had let me keep my possessions where they were, & simply sleep in another room would have been ok - but that wasn't offered. They explained that someone would come up to my room shortly & address the problem. After waiting around 10 minutes, a man appeared at my door with fresh sheets etc. he seemed to want to just pass them to me. I explained that I wasn't prepared to make the bed. He replied that "it's not my job - I am security". I then stated that "If its not your job - you better find someone who's job it is!". He then proceeded to make the bed. As he was making the bed I casually, calmly, & politely asked him "Do you think this is acceptable? Do you think I should pay for this room." To which he rolled his eyes & head back in a rude gesture kind of way. I asked him why he had made such a gesture, & what he had meant by this - he ignored me. I asked again - at which point he aggressively stated, whilst grabbing his badge "This is NOT my job I am security". This was totally un-called for & over the top. I've sent a photo in to the hotel, & am currently trying to send a video of the incident in to the hotel - to back up my views. The hotel have replied that the reason for the security guys rudeness was because he was tired after coming up the stairs - and seems to imply that I have mistaken his rudeness for tiredness. No the man was simply rude, & verbally aggressive when I asked a simple, fair, & reasonable question. There was no excuse for it.
I've tried to deal with this privately with the hotel - but instead of a explanation of why this shoddy cleanliness & staff attitude happened... Yet alone an apology... They've merely refuted my claim/statement & made poor excuses (security guard was tired after coming up to a 1st floor room & I had been mistaken) .
The hotel has a policy of sorting things to your satisfaction within 15 minutes - or the room is on us type of promotion. My situation took around 30 minutes to resolve. They claim they don't or won't give me a refund because an alternative room was offered. Just consider this... After a long hard (but fun) day, & at 2.00am in the morning... Would you pack up & unpack to another room at such an hour? That's not a fair, or reasonable offer - something you'd expect a customer guest to do. This isn't about getting a refund - I'm lucky that I don't actually need the £62.00 back. I'm just annoyed & dismayed that no real apology has been made, no explanation has been offered.
I & my friends will never stop at this hotel again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Raman Julka.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A good view of Wembley Stadium from our 11th floor room.
Very close to Wembley Stadium rail station- 2 trains an hour to Marylebone. (can use with underground day ticket)
A bit of a walk (10/15 mins) to tube at Wembley Park.
A quiet room, Had a good night sleep.
12o clock check in and check out was very useful.
£10 a day car parking nearby.
Tesco Express nearby.
Not expensive if you book at the right time. We had 3 rooms for £130 total in February half term weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Raman Julka
kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

A ok hotel rooms were small but clean noisy as train track outside window breakfast was a let down as not much choice staff all spoke to each other in different language so didnt understand what they were saying area was not good either

• Stayed October 2012
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Kindest regards, Raman Julka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

If your on bussiness in wembly for a night or two it's ok but other wise there are many better options. The rooms are dated, the bathroom feels like you in the tardis and all I could hear was banging of doors all night

• Stayed February 2013
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

what i did not like about the hotel was the fact that breakfast was extra...@ 8.95 per person
and a pretty basic choice of food....the parking was £20 first night and £10 second night..
when i questioned this at reception i was told that england were playing brazil and all
charges double up..rooms parking etc due to there being an event on she said all the hotels
do this....what a con trick

Room Tip: ask for a high room...the ground floor the night of the england football match was full of semi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Jeanette, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our page, I understand that the breakfast may have been a little expensive. £8,95 is the prices that every ibis in the UK have to follow, however to my opinion the choice that we offer is quite large (eggs, beans, hash browns, bacon, plum tomatoes, mushrooms in addition to the continental breakfast). For the car park prices unfortunately we do not have a lot of flexibility as these are the prices that the car park operate, if I can make you feel better they charging £35 when it is not through us and the Hilton down the road is £50 for 24h on event day, I guess it is the law of supply and demand. Please accept my apologies if you were not 100% satisfied with your stay and we hope to see you soon again to rectify this impression.
Kindest regards, Raman Julka.
Hastings, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wembley Ibis hotel ideal location for visit to Wembley stadium. Hotel clean but fairly basic. Main issue with hotel no car parking. Bar area fairly small and too crowded on match days.

Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ibiswembley, Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your review, it is true that our bar area is too crowded for match games but the good news is that we are having a refurbishmenet at the end of the year and we hope to welcome you then so you can give us your feedback again. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.

Been to Ibis London Wembley? Share your experiences!