“Fab weekend at the Holiday Inn, Wembley” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Wembley

You added Holiday Inn London - Wembley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Empire Way, Wembley HA9 8DS, England (Formerly Wembley Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Wembley
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab weekend at the Holiday Inn, Wembley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just back from a FANTASTIC stay at this hotel. Arrived Friday, left Sunday. From start to finish the whole experience was first class. All staff were VERY helpful, kind and courteous- no exceptions at all. The breakfast on the first am was a little chaotic and there wasn't much choice- we were seated in the smaller of the two dining rooms. However, the breakfast on the second am was Delish!! On the second am we were a little later down (9.30) and we were seated in the larger , main, dining room. Fresh coffee, lean bacon, freshly cooked non greasy sausages, lovely pastries........ All lovely and hot. The bedrooms were spotless-recently refurbished. Beds very comfy.
My 86 yr old Mum had never been to London. This was her first trip. It was perfect :). We will definitely return.....I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor- refurbished room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Pauline B,

Thanks for your fantastic review of the Hotel!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you enjoyed your breakfast!

We look forward to seeing you here again soon

Hotel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Heathrow,london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I was looking forward to a night away from kids,going to see Micky Flanagan at wembley arena. I booked the holiday inn because it was quite close to venue and got a good deal on a nights stay, on arrival we had to wait at least 10mins to be checked into our room, ask for a double bed when booked got twin when checked in , this was corrected when questioned. Staff were polite & apologied for wait. When entering room it was like going back to the 1970's ,in need of some serious update, lots of building work going on all around hotels in area so expect some noise even at weekend. A little disappointed in this holiday inn,probably wouldn't stay here again unless they update and there was a very bad smell of damp in corridors.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fonia G,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, we are currently undergoing an upgrade of all our guest rooms and I am sure that the next time you visit us you will notice a vast improvement, we are working hard to complete the works as soon as possible to ensure all guests have a better stay experience.

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this hotel after our booking company for the Hilton reservation we had went bust. This was the next best option in terms of location and it was better priced. When we arrived we immidiately disliked the outside. It looks like a bad 80's Hotel from Scarface! However that was where the downside ended. The money was clearly spent on the inside which was plush and warm and very classy. Our room was small but clean and snug, the only let down was no bath! But we got over it quickly. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast lovely and the hostess in the breakfast room a charming lady who greeted us with a smile and a 'help yourselves to a window seat and the buffet' both of our mornings! The meal we had our first night in front of the Madrid derby on a seriously comfy two seater was just delicious. However, the pints were dreadful. Served in the old style pint glasses I returned two and asked for a better effort, to which the staff fair play to them readily supplied. Although one bar maid did try and tell me it was supposed to look like that in that special glass! (A flat bubble-less Stella with no head)?? That'll be the day I said! Overall a great hotel, super location and friendly staff. We will be back!

Room Tip: Demand a bath!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MrCoffey,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel, we do have plans in place to improve the appearance of the outside of the building to coincide with the internal renovations so hopefully next time you visit us you will notice a marked difference!

I will pass on your comments regarding the staff to the GM who will be delighted

Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here over what was a very busy weekend for the NFL. The location was great and it was worth staying here to avoid having to use the tube before and after the game and to have a base in the area for the days activities. The hotel was very average. We were given an old room (despite the travel company requesting otherwise some months ago) and it was definitely in need of refurbishment. It certainly wasn't worth the money the Holiday Inn charge for rooms. It is a very noisy hotel, with work going on inside and outside, so if you want a lie in you've got absolutely no chance! Housekeeping also started really early and that just added to the noise. The bar area was really nice - although the price charged was different every time we went to the bar?! We wouldn't rush back to this hotel but would consider it once all of the refurbishments are completed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LittleMoll,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel here on Tripadvisor, im disappointed to read that you didnt have the greatest experience, could you please contact me by e mail and I will look into your comments further. salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk

Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. It was chosen purely for it's location. It doesn't look promising from the outside, but inside it's lovely. All the staff I encountered during my stay were friendly and efficient. I had a recently refurbished room (737) and I have no complaints at all, it was spacious with a very comfortable bed. The restaurant was good on the first night I really enjoyed my meal chosen from the a la cart menu and it was reasonably priced, on the second night there was a buffet which was not great. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. If I have to go to work in Wembley again I would definitely stay here. If I was attending an event at the stadium, or the arena I would stay here too because it's right next door.

There is a swimming pool and spa, but I can't comment on these because I didn't use them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear QueenVicFolkstone,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, Im very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Please contact me if your visits to Wembley are to be a regular occurance and we can discuss setting up a contract with you and your company to get the best value for money.

salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk

kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice, first was five years ago when it had just lost it's Hilton status and it was looking very tired. You couldn't complain about the location with it being right next to stadium and area etc.
I returned this weekend for the NFL international series (American football) and was really blown away with what the Holiday Inn have done, I love the common areas which was looking really tired. The rooms have been painted but could do with a bit of improvement. I love the fact you get a bath and shower which is a rare thing these days! We both slept well and the bed was so comfortable.
The pool, steam and sauna rooms are nice enough to have a swim and relax. You get a towel so you don't have to remember one from he room!
Even though it was very busy due to the NFL fans coming over from USA, the bar staff handled all the drink orders perfectly and served everybody quickly and efficiently. They had a good selection of drinks and we had a good time laughing with fans from each side.
The Asian lady who checked us out was friendly and engaging and asked us if we had a nice stay, which we did. Sorry I didn't get her name. Fab hotel for events at Wembley stadium

Room Tip: The higher the better view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KentViking,

Thanks for writing a review of the Hotel, im really pleased to hear you enjoyed it so much, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Checked in for one night for a concert at Wembley Arena. Location is perfect, right next to train station and 5 minutes from the Arena itself. Reception and bar were really clean and the staff were friendly enough. The rooms however were in need of refurbishment and a decent clean. The bath and all the tiling was dirty, and the water from the shower was barely warm. The hallways had a weird, musky smell to them and the ongoing construction started at 8 o'clock in the morning, rather than 9 which I was told. The hotel is fine as one of the cheapER (not cheap) ones in the area but don't except too much.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear naysha88,

Thanks for writing a review of your experience of the Hotel, we are currently upgrading all of our bedrooms and hopefully you will give us another try so you can see the difference for yourself!

Hotel Sales Manager

Been to Holiday Inn London - Wembley? Share your experiences!