“Priority member????? Dont bother” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Wembley

You added Holiday Inn London - Wembley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Empire Way, Wembley HA9 8DS, England (Formerly Wembley Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Wembley
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Priority member????? Dont bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been a priority club member for years and am Ambassador status with the Intercontinental..and this is the first time I have not been upgraded and actually had a lesser standard room than my colleagues who are not members...no benefits offered other than a dressing gown and slippers when I queried this...I was told they do not have any executive rooms at this time...clearly they do not reward loyalty.....poor!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Rukhsana H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review, we really appreciate it.
As a Priority Club Rewards member you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment encounteredfor not having an upgrade.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Unfortunately we are on the process of having all our executive floors refurbished and do not have any upgrade opportunity at the moment.

Many thanks once again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Holiday Inn London Wembley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First the positives. The staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for the. They could not be faulted in any way.

There were signs saying the hotel was due for refurbishment. Can't come soon enough!

My room was no better than a travelodge and was so hot. There is no air conditioning and it was unbearble. However a staff member unlocked a window once I had signed a disclaimer which made it bearable.
The bathroom was very small, with hardly any room to turn around and the shower was very poor.

Sadly the breakfas was poor too, with the various dishes not being filled up when empty unless it was pointed out.

I won't be staying there again until a complete refurbishment happens.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you and would like to let you know that that your comments have been passed to the relevant department heads. Please be informed that we have a duty manager on 24 hours a day to rectify any issues raised. I am sure if you would have raised this you would have had a different experience.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visit this hotel in 2008 when it was managed by the Hilton chain, and we don't have any complaint about it, and after that, every time we visit London, we stayed at different Hilton (Canary Wharf and Docklands)this time we decided to go back to this hotel, now Holiday Inn, for the price and it will be close to St. Pancras, despite some reviews we made the reservation.... it was a great decision.... check in was early and no problem.... now they have more stores near by (tesco, curry, etc) and we enjoy our walk to the tube station every morning... in the evening we just took the bus, which stop is in front of the hotel :)... breakfast was excellent everyday, the staff very nice all the time, the rooms were clean and also the bathroom, housekeeping was very nice every time we saw her, always a "good morning" with a big smile, the hotel was decorated for the holidays beautiful!!! my friends love the Christmas Trees and other decorations. Thanks to everybody!!!! Our trip to London was more than Perfect!!!

Room Tip: Fifth floor was nice!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

I am really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location and team members were all to your complete satisfaction throughout your stay.

It's a great pleasure to receive feedback such as yours and we hope we can have the opportunity of looking after you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Lincolnshire, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I arrived by car to find a good well lit car park that whilst rather a tight fit, had ample space. One suspects this may be different when there is an event on.

The hotel is very very close to the stadium so you would probably want to avoid the place on days when there is something happening and that's not the reason for your visit.

Checking was OK. Clearly the person checking me in was still in training but there was a manager assisting and I was checked in without problem. As a Priority Club member I was given a room on their "Priority Club" floor. I have no idea what that means!

Whilst the public areas were bright and clean it is clear this is an old hotel that has been recently refurbished. Nowhere is this more apparent than the lifts that are somewhat creaky

Upon arrival in my room, I was hit by the heat. The radiator was on full. I turned this off but was unable to open any windows and there was no other ventilation. I then headed out for a meal.

Upon return the room had cooled down but was still stuffy. The room itself had clearly been recently decorated and whilst basic was clean and welcoming. It had a flat screen TV and a desk.

WiFi is currently provided by BT Openzone so if you don't have a subscription to this, the one off charge is going to scare you.

So to bed.

To be honest I had the worst nights sleep I have had in a long time.

The bed was far too soft and lumpy and the room was still stuffy.

Add to this the windows only being single glazed, even up on the 5th floor you could still here people stood outside the hotel chatting. Add to that a mixture of passing buses and police car sirens. Not good.

Breakfast (taken rather early as I wasn't sleeping) was OK. A good choice, a little bit of death by heatlamp but no more than any other hotel like this. The usual cheap sausages etc. Had it not been included in the room rate it would not have been worth £15 but then again what hotel breakfast is these days?

On checkout I was told that their refurbishment was still ongoing and it was suggested that this would bring new beds.

So a slightly disappointing stay.

I knew it had recently changed hands when I booked and it wasn't expensive at £89 for the room and breakfast (parking was free) so I wasn't expecting too much.

Clearly a lot of work has taken place but they are not there yet.

The beds need fixing. Holiday Inn as a brand normally have excellent beds

The rooms need air conditioning otherwise in warm weather it will be horrible.

Likewise double glazing or something is needed to keep the outside noise levels out of the room.

The staff whilst clearly new were all well turned out, polite and efficient. Please keep this up.

So I have mixed views on this hotel.

I had a poor nights sleep which in turn left me exhausted for my day full of meetings. This is unforgivable as the very reason I stay in hotels on business is to avoid just that.

I think that on the assumption that the refurbishment is ongoing then if I am in need of a hotel in perhaps 3 to 6 months time in the same area, I may be tempted to try it again and give it a second chance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that your stay was not a comfortable one, I would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel to discuss further.

Many thanks once again and hope to speak to you soon.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed in October 2012 when attending the NFL International Series game at Wembley stadium. Booked this hotel through Hilton, before it changed hands and since we booked early we paid only £60 per night for a room for two, a great deal considering it was an event weekend.

Hotel is a short walk to the underground station and we had a nice, friendly welcome. Hotel was clean and facilities more than adequate. We felt breakfast was a little overpriced, but other choices in the area, including a McDonald's restaurant just a few minutes walk away and a small tesco metro directly across the road.

Hotel had a dinner deal for that night (only advertised in the restaurant, not sure if this is done at every event, but worth checking). For a set price of around £15pp there was a buffet in the hotel restaurant. The food was plain fare but the buffet style meant it dealt with the numbers of people well and there was therefore no wait for a table.

The staff were attentive, helpful and friendly on what was a busy weekend, and with the location being next door to the stadium you really can't go wrong staying here when going to wembley.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Our prices for breakfast are very competive in regards with other hotels in the area, and we are the only hotel in the area with free parking spaces for our guests.

We hope we can have the opportunity of looking after you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked this hotel as it was located close to an event that I was attending. On check in I had quite a wait due to issues with my booking but I found staff were friendly and helpful whilst dealing with it.
I stayed in a queen room which I would describe as average. It was spacious enough and had all of the ammenities you need in a hotel room (and a very comfortable bed) but there were no frills. Overal I have no complaints about my stay and it was as I expected From a holiday inn hotel. However, having stayed in many other 4* hotels such as the mercure and the marriott which offer a touch of luxury as well as basic neccessities, I feel awarding it 4 stars is slightly generous.

• Stayed December 2012
Rukhsana H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you had a few issues at checkin but are glad to know that the staffs was attentive and resolved it quickly. On the whole we are pleased that you were happy with your stay with us.
Please elaborate what you mean by a touch of luxury, basic necessities, and to be generous so that we understand what you missed out with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights, paid 172 GBP in total. It being a four star hotel and all, I was expecting more. Staff at the reception were fine, nothing out of the ordinary. Wifi for 15 GBP, ridic.

The room was simple, a double bed, a tv and a simple bathroom in which they failed to provide with tooth paste. Now people travelling can't bring these things with them due to travel restriction so I was really expecting tooth paste, not a tooth brush but tooth paste. I went down stairs to ask for some but they were all out and the receptionist told me to go and buy some at tesco.

Charging my phone was a bit of a bother since I have a two toothed charger, again with the reception with the outdated adpaters which did not work. I hade to stick a pencil inte the socket to make things work. The view from the room was bad, facing another hotel and I had to have curtains shut since the distance was too close.

On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and someone cleaned my room when I was out.

All in all. Not worth the amount of money I paid, by far. I suggest you do your research better than I did. There are plenty of hotels in the near and I think you could do better for less or the same amount of cash. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

• Stayed December 2012
Rukhsana H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Our toothbrushes all have a small tube of paste, I am sorry if this was not in the box. I have spoken to the Executive housekeeper to ensure that all boxes are checked. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am also sorry to read that you found us nothing out of the ordinary. Regarding the Wifi, this is free in our lobby but are chargeable in the rooms. Compared to other local hotels our charges our minimal,

Please note we have a duty manager 24 hours a day who are empowered to rectify any issues raised, I am sure you would have had a different experience if you would have raised this. Inserting a pencil in the electric sockets is very dangerous and should have not been attempted.

I look forward to hearing from you to welcoming you again in the near future, please contact me so that I can make a special arrangements for you.

Kind regards

Front of House Manager

Been to Holiday Inn London - Wembley? Share your experiences!