“Nice but too far” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Wembley

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn London - Wembley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Empire Way, Wembley HA9 8DS, England (Formerly Wembley Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Wembley
Botosani, Romania
“Nice but too far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I liked everything but the location. The hotel, the room, the various beakfast, the pool
Deserves the 4 stars. But it s too far from the center
In normal conditions there are 2 bus station from the nearest tube station, but in a sunday when the tube wasn t available or it was a strike(i didn t remember) i changed 2 buses and took me 2 hours to get to the hotel from the center of London

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rukhsana H, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank so much for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay with us, we very much appreciate your time.

We are 7 minutes from Marylebone station and 20 minutes from London via Overground, I am sorry that this was not communicated.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn London-Wembley and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel used to be the Wembley Plaza but now its a Holiday Inn. All they have done is changed the name on the front. The hotel is dated and in much need of redecoration, but its major issue is heating. All of the rooms have radiators so hot they burn to touch and windows that cannot be opened fully without a key. So yes if you are naturally cold blooded stay here, otherwise try one of the other hotels nearby!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. Our team have been working on the improvements needed to upgrade the hotel to Holiday Inn and we have further extensive renovation plans in place which include the AC. I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind regards

Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed friday night -28th Sept, as we were seeing the beach boys at the wembley areana, this used to be the Hilton but has now changed hands, we found it very clean, staff were very proffesional, bar was not expensive, £4.00 a pint and would recommend it if you were going to the areana or the stadium, easy access to get the tube or over ground trains so all in all worth the money, we paid £90-00 for the night, room was very clean abd spotless

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn London Wembley.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our staff are delighted to read your comments.

Our hotel is ideally located with two tube stations a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The tube will take you into Central London in 20 minutes. I am delighted that you tried our bar that has only recently received brand new furniture and therefore a better atmosphere has been created.

I hope that you enjoyed the concert and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Wembley.

Best Regards

Assistant Front Office Manager
newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times, and it recently joined the Holiday Inn family. It is a little tired and in need of redecoration although this seems to be underway.
For me the location of this hotel and the staff make the difference between "average" and "very good". I must praise Rhuksana the receptionist, she was friendly, helpful and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
The nearest Tube station is Wembley Park on the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines and it is about 10 mins away on foot (although you do get to walk round Wembley Stadium to get there, however the overland train station - Wembley Stadium - is a 2 minute walk in the other direction and regular trains run to Marylebone in about 15 mins. Overall this means central London is less than 45 mins away.
The hotel benefits from a swimming pool and gym and on site parking close to the end of the A1 and M1 and just off the North Circular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London Wembley.

I am thrilled that you found the hotel convenient to all your needs. As we are now part of the Hoiday Inn family, the hotel is undergoing some changes as you noticed. I do hope that you come and visit the hotel again soon to experience these changes first hand.

I am equally delighted that Rukhsana was able to give you all the information you required. All of our staff are dedicated to meeeting and exceeding customer expectations and I know that the staff will be pleased to receive yor kind words.

Many Thanks for the review and I look forwrd to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Regards

Assistant Front Office Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We booked this hotel for a couple of nights, as we were visiting London to see a show and to attend the Madonna MDNA concert in Hyde Park. The hotel is not ideally located; the nearest tube is Wembley Park, which is a 15 minute walk away. The hotel is clean with large rooms, the views from the room are not pretty, and looking either towards a railway track, Wembley stadium or another hotel, the furniture in the room would not look out of place in a private hospital.

The breakfast is served in the form of a buffet, with a wide choice from cooked English to continental, the cooked food seemed a little cold and the continental foods seemed a little sparse, although there was an abundance of fruit and cereal. If the breakfast was not included in the room price, we would not have paid the £20 per person cost.

Overall, the hotel was good and value for money, but we did get a really good deal which included breakfast, we would recommend this hotel, if you needed to stay in the Wembley area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your comments and I have passed your feedback over to the chef regarding the breakfast.
I was happy to read that you found us good and the rate was good value for money.

Thank you for choosing your stay with us, we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Certainly not a four star hotel but we managed to get a room for £85 - cheaper than the local hotels and with free parking.
The hotel has a musky smell and looks tired. I enjoyed the pool and other facilities despite the awful music playing.
However, we were rudely woken up by cleaners entering our room at 8.30am. Despite check out at 11am, the cleaners knocked on the door again at 10am asking when we planned to leave! I complained to the front desk. She seemed shocked by this and said that she would raise this with the cleaners.
The stay was ok overall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn London Wembley.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our swimming pool. Our health club offers many facilities including a sauna and steam room which I hope that you managed to enjoy.

I am distressed to hear that you had housekeeping knock on your door before the required check-out time. This is something that I have raised with our housekeeping team to ensure it never happens again.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Best Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Four star-I dont think so

£130 for a 4 star classified hotel near central London-you would class that has a pretty good deal.

I am afraid that I would still be disappointed if the hotel had paid me to stay there!

We booked a double through booking.com and especially requesting a double for mine and my girlfriends anniversary. When we arrived, we were allocated a twin room so confronted. After 10 minutes worth of arguement we were then allocated room 507.

No offer of help with luggage was offered.

The room was small, with tatty furniture, petit bathroom which had a yellow stain surrounding the bottom part of the toilet and half a toilet roll. Mould surrounded the luke warm shower which suggests cleaning is slack.

Turning to the TV, we could only get 5 channels of the 19 that were supposedly enabled. (when reporting this to the night porter, who found it very difficult to speak and understand English)

We arrived back late at hald midnight and wanted a drink in the bar (which was advertised as 24hr on booking.com) but when we asked at Reception; we were told that the bar was closed and you could only have drinks in your room. Disappointed but accepted. We made our wayvto our room and telephoned Reception. We were then put on hold for five minutes until the receptionist got the Night Porter.

After having to repeat our order number and room number three times, we finally expected our drinks to arrive in the next five minutes.

Instead, we had a telephone call saying that we cant put anything on our room and we had to pay cash (which we did not have on us). I then had to explain and I said that we had paid £130 for the room and then the receptionist had also taken pre-authorisation of £50.00 for any extras. He said well I cant find your receipt. I then rather angrily made my way downstairs (after getting dressed). On approaching, the might receptionist and asked if everything was ok. I said no, and explained. She looked in her file then said I have your receipt here!

I went for a cigarette and then returned to collect my drinks and take them to my room!! No offer of apology or nothing from either the night porter or reception.

Prior to this, I asked for a list of food products to be served 24hour and was told that food has now stopped. Only to find food should still be served as displayed in the room folder.

Breakfast was ok. But had to ask twice to be served coffee and request the milk for cereals to be topped up.

With strong lessons in customer service and the a bit of TLC offered in bedrooms; the hotel could be good value!

Would not return and I shall be writing to management

• Stayed October 2011
Rukhsana H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to to put your review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and was sorry to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one as expected.

In order to ensure guest satisfaction we have a Manager On Duty on property available 24hours a day 7 days a week who is empowered to deal with any issues raised. I can ensure you that all possible action would have been made to resolve any maters that were concerned.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us especially the attitude of the reception staff. I assure you that this will be followed up.

It is our goal to provide only the highest level of customer service and accommodations for all of our guests and thank you again for bringing you feedback to my attention.

We do value your custom and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards
Front of House Manager
Holiday Inn London-Wembley
Empire way
Wembley
HA9 8DS

Been to Holiday Inn London - Wembley? Share your experiences!