“Excellent for a getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Harvest Drive Family Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3370 Harvest Drive, Intercourse, PA 17534   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Intercourse
Bangalore, India
“Excellent for a getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent our 4th of July weekend here, and it was absolute peace for 3 days and nights. The proprietors were kind and courteous, and helped us out with many suggestions for local cuisine and other attractions. The view at the back of the hotel is simply spectacular - open farmlands and a small play area for kids. Didn't regret choosing this place for a moment. Highly recommended for the staff, and its proximity to all local attractions in Lancaster county PA.

Room Tip: Choose rooms 50 upwards - they offer the best proximity to the good views. Do not expect any food at...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This clean motel is located just outside of Intercourse, PA. I had trouble finding Harvest Drive on my GPS. This is a very nice economy class motel and it is close to all of the attractions. Why pay more for lodging?

Room Tip: All of the windows face west. The rooms are handicap friendly
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hagerstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel with lots of local flair and food with beautiful view of farmlands. Truckers there is plenty of room to park your rigs so this is the place to stay if your a trucker!! The only negative I have is room smelled of stale smoke even though it is no smoking but nothing a spritz of air freshner couldn't solve and chairs in room could use a good cleaning (room 25) or recovering. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars!! I would recommend and will stay again when on our route!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A must stop if you want a quiet life... Great views, friendly staff and clean rooms :) ... In Amish country where there are endless scenic views and beautiful sunsets... Peaceful and serene punctuated by the clip clip of those slightly out of touch Amish folk

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here with my wife and 2 boys ages 4 and 8. When we arrived they were launching a hot air balloon out in back of this place which made for some great photo ops with the surrounding beautiful farmland as a backdrop. The motel is on a quiet country road surrounded by farmland. The motel has a basic, almost 1950's feel to it, which is perfect fit for the simple wholesomeness of the area. If you have kids there is a playground with some huge swings where kids can get really high up! My kids loved it!
Our room had 3 double beds, which we didn't need, but is great if you have 3 or 4 kids and want to all stay in one room.
Our room was very clean and had a minifridge, iron, microwave and coffee maker. It had an older style tv and furnishings but again I think that added to the old fashioned charm to the place.
I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet, simple place to stay and want to be away from the traffic of the main roads.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Public Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you found us and had the bonus of seeing a hot air balloon launch! We hope to see you again soon!
Ocean City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife & I had reservations there for 2 nights - a Friday & Saturday - We arrived around 5:30 PM on Friday and checked in - Rate I was given at check-in was not the same as I had received from the Inn when I made reservations. - they said it was because I had made them through their e-mail, not by directly calling them - They said they couldn't do anything about it - I went out and got the e-mail from them and showed them what the rate was quoted to me on the e-mail - finally they changed their minds and gave me the same rate - After checking in, we got our keys and went to the room - as soon as I walked in, I noticed that there was a foul odor in the room - musty smelling - very strong - I went back to office and told them that the room smelled and wanted to change rooms - They said the room had just been renovated and what we smelled was the new carpet - believe me - I have smelled new carpet and it didn't smell like that. They said that they did not have any other rooms available - I questioned them about that, because there was not another vehicle in the lot besides mine - they said - oh, we have a tour group and they have gone to a show - I said you don't have any other customers who have driven a car! - they didn't respond and would not give me another room. They then asked if I wanted a refund - I said I would, but need to find another hotel first -
we went to a Best Western and got a decent rate and a nice room. I called the Harvest Inn and told them that I had found a room and wanted my refund. They said that their policy stated that a cancellation had to be made 24 hours in advance and there would be no refund. I reminded them that they had offered me a refund before I found another room - after a lot of going back and forth with the lady at the desk, she finally gave me credit for one night and said that if the room was rented that night by someone else, they would refund me for the other night. I said - yea right, I sure your going to let me know that the room was rented. She said yes I would, I am a very honest person - with that I walked out and went on the the Best Western and we had a beautiful weekend - stay away from this place!! RT & JT - April , 2014

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
We apologize that you had such a negative experience. We strive to make every guest stay a pleasant one and it is unfortunate that you did not have that type of experience. The hotel was sold out over that weekend, there was a bus group in the hotel during rooms outside of this group were reserved. We find that our guests spend most of their time out exploring beautiful Lancaster County and typically don't come back to the hotel until at least dark.
Southold, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

You can't beat the price--the place is clean, staff friendly--but--the dog fee is high. For almost half the cost of the room--25.00 we brought the dog (she likes a vacation, too). Not sure I'd stay here again. The mattresses are definitely lower quality--my back was complaining. Yet the location is great. Meh, I might spring for an overpriced chain next time...

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. The dog fee is set to help us cover the costs of the additional cleaning required after a pet is in a room. There are few hotels in the area that still allow pets due to damage and other issues and that their fees are the same or higher. The pet fee is minimal and our property is perfect for dogs with all of our open lawn space. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Been to Harvest Drive Family Inn? Share your experiences!