“Michelin Star ... Really ??” 3 of 5 stars

+44 (0)20 8891 3737
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tangawizi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 164 Restaurants in Twickenham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tangawizi restaurant in London���s East Twickenham, close to Richmond Bridge, earned the well-heeled locals��� devotion right from the off. The chef is ���trained by and strongly recommended by Vineet Bhatia��� and that���s saying quite a lot. The dining room is very smart, mood-enhancingly lit in saffron and blackberry with details of beautiful sari fabric inlaid in the tables. Dishes are authentic North Indian, but cutting-edge and contemporary, the way we Londoners like them: the freshest of ingredients, little oil, sparkling flavours. Try the mixed platter of starters to share to really browse the possibilities, then choose something like spicy marinated red snapper in tempura batter served with cheddar and Parmesan risotto, with one of the lovely dahls on the side. The traditionally-clad waitstaff are very attentive and the whole experience a winner.
London, United Kingdom
“Michelin Star ... Really ??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

It really depends what you are looking for and maybe whether the chef is having a 'off day'. The reviews here for the place are all excellent, but we had a different experience. For the all the hoopla and expectation, this turned out to be a less than par experience. There are better options in Indian dining available.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Exotic, amazing food and a great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been wanting to write this review for ages as we have been going here for years and were heartbroken to have had to move away from the area which meant that we couldn't eat here as often as we did. I guess i could start by mentioning "consistent" as one of the many attributes I will list regarding Tangawizi. As I said, we moved away from St Margarets Twickenham a couple of years ago. When we lived there we would go to Tangawizi at least once a week because we loved the food! The first time we ate there I had the Masala liptey chicken and the flavours along with the fragrance of the dish absolutely blew my mind and seduced me into going back. Delicious!! Beside the foods being amazing (try the Mango Paneer!), we were really taken with the atmosphere and overall friendly unpretentious and effortlessly cool environment. We fell in love with the place and have never had a bad experience. It is also very affordable.
We recently went back to celebrate an anniversary and years on all of the above stayed true and consistent! We had a fantastic time.
We are so happy to see Tangawizi doing so well as they deserve to have the michelin status that they have earned and the owners are friendly, caring and absolute professionals- people that really care about and know their craft. It too has earned Favourite restaurant for us.
Amazing place!! Try it. We're sure you'll love it too.
Pete Z

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Fantastic Experience - Eat In and Takeaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Tangawizi is a minute's walk from my place - and my, am I glad it is! It is a nice, cozy Indian restaurant that serves delicious food at reasonable prices. I specially recommend the Keema Naan and Saag Palak. The complementary lassi as a palate cleanser was a nice touch!

The only thing I found odd was that they charged me for the pappadoms and pickles (which they had offered, we had not ordered) and which I read from other reviews to be complementary.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

How lucky are we to have this fantastic Indian as our local! We eat here very week
(combination of eat in and takeaway) and have never been anything less then delighted. Fantastic menu with all the favourites and some original dishes, excellently cooked and served with a personal touch and smile. What more can you want....

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Best Indian in the area. Interesting and really tasty food. Friendly service. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013