“Comfy cafe with that little something extra,” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Comfy cafe with that little something extra,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I like one of the other reviewers, try to watch what I eat, and so walked past Lulu'z a number of times before finally going in. I say, walked past, but I mean walked up to the window and then stopped to drool at all the gorgeous, unusual sweet creations in the window. On one of the days I walked past I happened to be having friends over for dinner, so it was the perfect excuse to go in. I had always noticed the meringues, (lovely and chewy on the inside as they should be) so decided to try these with a fruit compote for dessert. It didn't stop there though. I HAD to get my husband his favourite, carrot cake, (moist and moreish) it was so beautiful with little carmelized strips of carrot for the garnish. Also as it was right before Xmas, I bought some lovely house mad chocolate loaded with fruit and nuts for gifts. It is now my go to place for desserts when I have guests, everything is done with a little twist and is extraordinary. My husband has eaten lunch there a couple of times and has also been impressed by the quality, atmosphere and service.

• Visited March 2013

Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

All lovely food made on the premises, delicious! Very service minded and listened to our wishes. Not many places like that around!

• Visited March 2013
London
“Yummy and Healthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been here 3 time for lunch recently and every time it has been delicious. The home made bread is divine and they make a mean scrambled egg. Due to dieting I have only tried one of the cakes and again it was very tasty. The meringues always look very tempting when I walk past every morning and I always stop to look in the window at their wonderful displays. I would highly reccommend it.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“So i'm the first to review Lulu'z in Twickenham ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

As you will have seen by now my reviews are always really positive because I only want to support a local business which is doing a great job ..... then I went to Lulu'z which is doing an extra-ordinary job !!!!

Whilst the cafe may be a little turquoise for some and whilst the wait for the coffee may be longer that the queue in Harris & Hoole these guys deliver an amazing array of cakes and the coffee is more than just a pleasant accompaniment.

Butterfly cakes, muffins, chocolate buns, meringues, and the worlds best (yes I did say that) gluten free carrot cake and - trust me - I have traveled the globe in search of this only to find it on my own doorstep - the carrot cake is amazing and the GF chocolate cake is a whole drama to itself - elegant, inspired and beautiful in presentation it is only surpassed on its looks by its taste.

So if you want an anti-Starbucks in TW1 please go to my new best friends at Lulu'z and try them out - and they also do a magnificent cake decoration service !!!

• Visited February 2013