“A hidden gem in Teddington, a must try!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 54 Restaurants in Teddington
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Teddington
“A hidden gem in Teddington, a must try!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just had my first meal here and it really was fantastic! The staff are friendly and attentive, the decor is lovely and modern and the restaurant is lovely and clean. As for the food.. It's simply stunning!! Fresh, plentiful and a delight to eat. It's definitely a hidden gem in Teddington and I can't wait to return to try some other dishes from the menu :)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The best kept secret in Teddington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I moved to within a short walk of this restaurant about two months and it's so good we've been at least four times. It is probably the best Indian restaurant I've been to and so if you are thinking about going don't hesitate. I gave it 4 out of 5 for 'atmosphere' only because it is quite quiet. I am surprised it is not packed every night.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surrey
“Superb food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Absolutely superb restaurant. I really cannot praise it enough.

The food here is lovely and unlike most restaurants they don't soak everything in masses of food colouring and nothing is overly oily.

We hadn't booked but were warmly greeted. it was fairly quiet when we arrived but it got very busy and take away seems popular from here.

My partner's daughter had a chicken tikka starter with pilau as a main and initially she said she didn't like it but that was because she is used to it being bright red - this was a lovely golden colour and once she realised it tasted the same (we tried a bit - really moist and tasty chicken) she wolfed it down.

I had a korma style dish with honey which was gorgeous. My partner had a biryiani, which he said was really good. We had a selection of sides - sag aloo was the best I have ever had made with real new potatoes instead of the usual diced old potatoes. The onion bhajees tasted of onion, not flour and batter. None of the food tasted overly oily, which can happen a lot with side dishes.

Everything was presented really well and the service was excellent. My only suggestion would be to add something for kids to the dessert menu (ice cream or something) as they didn't seem to cater, but as an adult it ticked all the boxes for us.

I highly recommend a visit - we shall certainly be returning again! Oh and it was extremely good value too.

• Visited April 2013