“Superb food and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 54 Restaurants in Teddington
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Surrey
“Superb food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Absolutely superb restaurant. I really cannot praise it enough.

The food here is lovely and unlike most restaurants they don't soak everything in masses of food colouring and nothing is overly oily.

We hadn't booked but were warmly greeted. it was fairly quiet when we arrived but it got very busy and take away seems popular from here.

My partner's daughter had a chicken tikka starter with pilau as a main and initially she said she didn't like it but that was because she is used to it being bright red - this was a lovely golden colour and once she realised it tasted the same (we tried a bit - really moist and tasty chicken) she wolfed it down.

I had a korma style dish with honey which was gorgeous. My partner had a biryiani, which he said was really good. We had a selection of sides - sag aloo was the best I have ever had made with real new potatoes instead of the usual diced old potatoes. The onion bhajees tasted of onion, not flour and batter. None of the food tasted overly oily, which can happen a lot with side dishes.

Everything was presented really well and the service was excellent. My only suggestion would be to add something for kids to the dessert menu (ice cream or something) as they didn't seem to cater, but as an adult it ticked all the boxes for us.

I highly recommend a visit - we shall certainly be returning again! Oh and it was extremely good value too.

• Visited April 2013