“Brilliantly located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Brilliantly located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and wanted something on the outskirts of London to save some money. WiFi and parking are both free. Easy to find by road and a 2 min walk from the train station. Also close to Heathrow and Gatwick. We stayed in the annex which is where most of the rooms are. Very comfortable and quiet. Right next to the train track but didn't hear a single one the whole time we were there and only heard a couple of planes at night. Rooms are well equipped and our room had THE best shower. Down sides are: room was very warm so we slept with the window open. Also service at breakfast (on both mornings) was very poor but the quality of food was good (ate there 1 night). Plenty of restaurants and a Tescos Express and a Budgens all within walking distance. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Carl L, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor after your recent stay at the Park Hotel in Teddingon.

We are looking at giving some of our rooms a facelift to make them more comfortable and I will certainly take on board your comments

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location is ideal for you. Having recently recruited a new Head Chef we are striving to improve our offerining and I would encourage you to try out some of our great new dishes when you next visit.

However I note your disapointment with regards Breakfast and I will review with Head Chef and F&B Manager making immediate improvements.

I do appreciate your comments and time taken to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. The hotel is very close to the shopping area of Teddington, Railway station and Bus stops. The accommodation was adequate and the staff friendly. The breakfast was very good although some people complained the service was slow. For a hotel close to London the price was reasonable. The worst thing about the hotel was the bed. Although a double, the mattress had obviously been slept in mostly by one person at a time as there was definitely a dip in the middle!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carl L, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Good Evening,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had dinner at the Park Hotel early in the New Year and it was nothing to write home about. My wife had made a reservation for four of us and when we arrived, despite there only being one other group in the restaurant, it took the staff member around 3 minutes to find our reservation.

The drinks order was confused initially, and the service remained decidedly average throughout the remainder of the evening.

The food was quite reasonable, but considering how quiet the restaurant was, I would have expected the service to have been of a much higher standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor after your visit to the Restaurant at the Park Hotel in Teddingon in January

Likewise we have recruited a new Food and Beverage Manager to lead forward the service and standards.

Hampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dined here for lunch which turned out to be a thoroughly average experience. Yes, it was a rugby day, however it was early and we were in the restaurant section - the rugby punters were in the bar area and only one other table was in the restaurant section. Ive got to say the service was ok, the waitress was attentive however clearly had no idea what was on the menu - when asked to reccomend something to us she did not know what was listed. She seemed quite junior, and was very sweet however a little more training and knowledge of the menu before putting her on the floor might have been an idea. Bread and olives to nibble on to start were lovely, all of our mains were very bland - nothing bad to say, it was just average food and an average dining experience im afraid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor after your recent visit to the Restaurant at the Park Hotel in Teddingon.

I am saddened to read that you felt the food and service was not what you would have expected. Having recently recruited a New Head Chef and Food and Bevergae Manager, we will be striving to improve all areas in our food and service which will include retraining the team.

Rest assured I will discuss your comments with them and resolve as soon as possible

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The rooms in the adjacent block are similar to the Premier inn chain. The sinks in the rooms were cracked and the cups used were not cleaned the following day on and night of the stay (this was the same for 3 other friends in separate rooms).

Prices for the duration of the stay were 3 times more expensive than the travel lodge in Teddington. The advantage with the Park Hotel is that they serve a fantastic breakfast within their price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andy,

We are looking at giving some of our rooms a facelift to make them more comfortable and in line with what our guests expect.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location is ideal for you. Having recently recruited a new Head Chef we are striving to improve our offerining and am pleased you enjoyed the Breakfast.

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this when we went to see SIx Nations (England won!). Cost 3 times usual rate and was not really worth this except for convenience. Rooms were very average but quiet and clean. Had to ask for towels but were provided at once. Ate in bar at lunch and in restaurant in evening. Both times food was good and service friendly and prompt. Breakfast was also good for £7.50 and well staffed.
Info stated it was 20 min stroll to rugby ground but was actually 45 mins but bus is available from Teddington so would probably recommend this if not up to long walk. Reception staff very obliging in providing Internet route directions for us when we asked.

Room Tip: Annex was quiet and probably better on weekend.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jo,

We are looking at giving some of our rooms a facelift to make them more comfortable.

Sussex UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Park is a hotel and annexe attached to a fairly large bar and diner. The diner is poor. My wife said her pate was like Spam and was the worst chicken liver pate she had ever tasted. It was supposed to come with brown bread. It came with a white bun, toasted on one side. But that was changed for brown bread on request, for some reason toasted on one side! Quite why the chef thinks toasting one side of bread or a bun is fashionable is open to question.

But the staff are helpful, friendly and amenable. The hotel room in the annexe was perfectly OK. Nothing special but was good enough. Not cramped, reasonable size TV, reasonably comfortable bed and good power shower in the bathroom. Don't ask for a newspaper though, if you want to kill time in the morning enjoying a read. Unless you want a two minute trip to reception to collect it. Instead I got a note under the door saying my paper was awaiting collection in reception, which is in the main building. Naturally, as I was driving away, I no longer had time to read a paper so it was cancelled from my bill on request.

Teddington is in a nice part of west London and close to some extremely nice and very expensive areas, like Richmond. So it is unsurprising that 2 pints in the bar cost almost £10 and that the meals are Little Chef quality at double Little Chef prices. Rents and rates here are probably very high and wages higher than average too I imagine.

All in all, a fair enough place, but don't go out of your way to visit. It suited us for one night, but we won't hurry back. It's not bad and not great, just OK and 3 stars is just this side of being kind.

Room Tip: Annexe is close, just a few steps away. Possibly better and quieter than the main building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

However I note your disapointment with regards Breakfast and I will review with Head Chef and make immediate improvements.

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!